01 Day Tour to Alexandria from Cairo
Experience Alexandria day trip from Cairo, leave Cairo in the morning for a full day tours from Cairo to Alexandria by Car. You will see the Mediterranean city of Alexandria. The city still has some classic colonial architecture and Roman remains. You will explore the ancient catacombs, Pompey’s Pillar, Roman amphitheater, fort Qaitbey and the impressive new library
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
- Entry/Admission - Pompey's Pillar
- Entry/Admission - Roman Amphitheatre
- Entry/Admission - Bibliotheca Alexandrina
- Entry/Admission - Citadel of Qaitbay
What's excluded :
- Excludes: Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary Personal expenses Gratuities (Tipping)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa, Kom Al Shokafa, Alexandria 21599 Egypt
It is a necropolis of 3 sub-levels dating from the 2nd century AD. The catacombs merge aspects of the Egyptian, Greek, and Roman culture in its features.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Pompey's Pillar, Al Karah WA at Toubageyah WA Kafr Al Ghates, Alexandria 21599 Egypt
You will also proceed to visit the Pompey’s pillar, one of the largest monolithic columns ever erected; it is a single piece of Aswan red granite.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Amphitheatre, Raml Station Square At Kom El Dekka near the Roman Museum, Alexandria 21599 Egypt
And then, move to visit the Roman amphitheater, a well preserved marble theater that once seated 800 spectators. Once, it was surrounded by the Roman baths, villas with galleries, sections of mosaic flooring, and a pleasure garden.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bibliotheca Alexandrina, El Shatby, Alexandria 30100 Egypt
And then, continue to visit Alexandria library, the new library building was designed by the Norwegian house. It is a striking piece of modern design that stands in contrast to the ancient architecture found throughout Egypt. Moreover, you will have free time to enter the library though local guide will show you the library inside.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Citadel of Qaitbay, Alexandria, As Sayalah Sharq, Qesm Al Gomrok, Alexandria Governorate, Egypt
Finally, you will explore the 15th century defensive fortress of Qaitbay. It is located on the Mediterranean Sea coast, and built on the site of the ancient Pharos lighthouse. Then, transfer back to your hotel in Cairo
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
I will pick you from any hotel in Cairo and Giza Airports
- Cairo Intl Airport, Cairo Egypt
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.