1 Day Hike to Mount Longonot
Mount Longonot is one of the best areas close to nairobi where you will climb one of dormant volcano mountains with a crater, The hike provides amazing views of the lake naivasha, Hells gate national park, The great rift valley, unending views of the crater.
per adult from
6 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- tour Guide fees
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Mount Longonot National Park
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Lots of snacks or picnic lunch
- hiking Gears, Boots, Rain coat, sun hat.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Longonot National Park, Naivasha road, Maai Mahiu 00200 Kenya
“Mount Longonot” is a strato volcano located southeast of Lake Naivasha in the Great Rift Valley of Kenya, Africa. It is thought to have last erupted in the 1860s. Its name is derived from the Maasai word oloonong'ot, meaning "mountains of many spurs" or "steep ridges".
Mt Longonot is just less than 2780m (9100ft) above sea level with a tree-filled interior and a lonesome steam vent to the northeast.
Hiking to the top of the Great Rift Valley will give you the chance to experience the freedom and awesome wilderness of Kenya.
We will start our hike up Mt. Longonot (2600m). It takes about 1 hour to reach the Rim of the crater and another 2 – 5 hours while enjoying amazing views of the escarpments round the crater.
Depart down to the base of the mountain later on journey back to nairobi
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Nairobi, Kenya
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.