1 Day Tour of Nairobi and Environs
Nairobi as a gateway to East Africa is a major business, political and financial hub, most tourists arrive in Nairobi on their way for a safari or on business engagements and therefore have very limited time to tour the city. This 1 day tour of Nairobi and its environs is a product that offers an opportunity for visitors who have at least a day to spare.The tour covers a broad spectrum of what Nairobi has to offer including Parks, Museums, cultural attractions,architecture and heritage sites, wildlife viewing, people and culture, shopping, Traditional meals sampling etc. At the end of the day, the guest will have experienced almost all of what Nairobi in general has to offer.
per adult from
7 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Entrance fees to highlighted attractions
What's excluded :
- Lunch - All meals and drinks are not included
- Tips and gratuities
- 07:00 am,We pick you up from your hotel for an exploration tour of the city of Nairobi. A city with a history and now one of the fastest developing cosmopolitan cities in Africa, with about 4 million inhabitants. We will do a motorized tour of the Central business district, see the iconic Jomo Kenyatta international conference center, the Governors parlor, the city market ,national archives, Jomo Kenyatta mausoleum, heroes monument and several ancient architectural facilities, We then take you to the panorama raised platform for a bird's eye view of the broad city in the sun.
8:30am:We then proceed on to the Nairobi National Museum and snake park, this guided tour will enable you to come into contact with Kenya’s rich ethnological, paleonthropological and archaeological past. It is in this museum where thousands of pieces of historical evidence are preserved. There is also an interesting section featuring beautiful birds of Kenya as well as a cultural and art gallery.
11:00am:Our next stop will be the David and Daphne Sheldrick elephant sanctuary, this special and unique orphanage is located at the edge of the Nairobi national park,the orphanage caters for elephant orphans rescued and salvaged from different parks and reserve areas within Kenya. The baby elephants are then reintegrated back into their natural habitat under close observation and supervision. Meet the team in charge of this special project, listen to their interesting lecture focusing on individual elephant history, enjoy watching the elephants as they bathe and tackle each other playfully.
12:30 pm. We shall find a convenient place for your lunch break, Nairobi has a wide variety of cuisine including succulent steaks and barbecue dishes and other light meal dining options.
2:30pm: Afternoon visit to the Giraffe center, this is the only center in Africa where you have a chance to watch and learn facts about the rare Rothschild Giraffe. Get facts about the conservation efforts being engaged to save these gentle giants. This amazing guided experience could be just one in a lifetime. Watch a family of warthogs and beautiful bird species that are found within the compound of this center. Later you can shop for Giraffe artifacts at the center's well stocked gallery.
4:00pm.We finally wrap up our day with a visit to the Kazuri beads factory, a tiny workshop in Karen experimenting in hand crafted ceramic beads. I'ts founder started with two single motherhood women in 1975 and soon discovered that there were many others who were disadvantaged and in great need of regular employment. Today Kazuri beads has become a popular stop and guests can take a guided tour to see the women making beautiful pieces of handcrafted beads and necklaces and an assortment of dining and kitchenware.
5:00pm: We return you to the hotel in the evening after an exciting day around Nairobi and its environs.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all guests from the Airport upon arrival or from their Hotels and residential addresses within Nairobi.Airports
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya
- Wilson Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.