2-Day Cuenca & Hacienda La Danesa
If you have two days in Guayaquil and you don’t feel like staying in the city then, please, continue reading because we developed a great 2-day private tour for you! First, you will enjoy a day at the local hacienda La Danesa which is a working farm with delicious local food and fun activities. It is highly recommendable to take the tubing activity and to bike around the property. Besides, you can go horseback riding (additional costs). In the afternoon you will drive to Cuenca (3,5 hours) and arrive at your tourist superior class hotel (preferably Boutique Hotel Los Balcones). The next morning, you will visit the colonial city of Cuenca, capital of the Azuay province. It is widely regarded as the most European city in Ecuador due to its 16th and 17th-century era Spanish colonial architecture. Therefore the city center of Cuenca is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Trust site. After lunch, you will drive back to Guayaquil where you will arrive in the early evening.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Accommodation in a double room with private bathroom at a tourist superior hotel in Cuenca.
- Professional bilingual guide
- Private transportation with hotel pick up and drop off in Guayaquil
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
- Entry/Admission - Hacienda La Danesa
What's excluded :
- Horseback riding
- Optional Tips for guide
Day 1: GUAYAQUIL – HACIENDA LA DANESA
Stop At: Hacienda La Danesa, Autopista Naranjito Bucay, Naranjito, Ecuador
At 9:00 AM you will be picked up at your hotel to drive to Hacienda La Danesa where you will arrive about 10:00 AM. You can choose between different activities, like doing the cacao workshop, biking, tubing, horseback riding or hiking. A delicious three-course lunch will be served around 1:00 PM. After coffee or tea with fresh milk from La Danesa’s famous cow “Mantequilla”, it is time to drive further to Cuenca which will take about 3,5 hours. The landscape during this drive is beautiful; you will start at sea level and end up at 2.500 meters.
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Boutique Hotel in the city centre.
Day 2: CUENCA – GUAYAQUIL
Stop At: Cuenca, Ecuador
After a good breakfast in your hotel, the city tour will start at 9:00 AM at Plaza San Sebastián, the colonial city limit, then you will visit the Museum of Modern Art. After that, you will have a walk through the historical center to see San Francisco market, Plaza de las Flores, the House of Culture, Abdón Calderón Main Square, La Cathedral Vieja and the New Cathedral. Afterwards, you will continue to the Panama Hat factory Homero Ortega with the straw hats. Your next activity of the day will be El Barranco and finally, you will visit the Turi viewpoint. After having lunch in Cuenca, you will start your way back to Guayaquil where you will be dropped off in your hotel in Guayaquil.
Duration: 6 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Important things to bring: warm, windproof and waterproof clothing, appropriate shoes or boots, water, sun block, sunglasses, pocket money and passport.
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- In order to process your reservation please help us with all this information:
- What time and where is the pick-up on Day 1
- Room type (twin, matrimonial) or triple (in case of a group with 3 or more guests)
- Whatsapp phone number (in case you use Whatsapp and would like us to contact you that during your stay via Whatsapp)
- For all guests:
- Passport numbers
- Date of birth
- Food restrictions
- Medical restrictions
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- The operator cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Travelers must bring with them extra sanitary items to be used during the entire tour. Transportation: Passengers will be seated skipping a place to maintain the distance required. Medicine: Travelers should bring their medications from their countries.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.