2-Day Private Tour to the Tatacoa Desert from Bogotá
Discover the unique wildlife and scenery of Colombia’s Tatacoa Desert, the country’s second largest arid zone, during this private two-days trip from Bogotá. Observe the area’s birds, snakes, spiders and ocelots, visit a paleontology museum,get the chance to swim in a natural swimming pool in the middle of the desert and discover the starlit sky during the vist of the astronomical observatory.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Professional guide in the desert
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle
- Accommodation for one night
- Entry/Admission - Desierto de la Tatacoa
- Entry/Admission - Astronomical Observatory Tatacoa
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
Day 1: Begging of Adventure to Tatacoa Desert
Stop At: Desierto de la Tatacoa, Villavieja, Villavieja Colombia
Discover the unique fauna and landscape of the Tatacoa Desert in Colombia, the second largest arid zone in the country, during this two-day private trip from Bogotá.
Start your journey at 6 a.m. with a van that will look for you until your place of accommodation. Leave Bogotá traveling towards Neiva and the Tatacoa desert in a journey of approximately 5 hours.
On the way you will pass through the department of Tolima and its picturesque rice fields. You can also try a typical plate “Lechona” or a local “Tamal” from Tolima.
Duration: 10 hours
Stop At: Astronomical Observatory Tatacoa, 6 km from Tatacoa, Villavieja Colombia
Then, continue to Villavieja, where you'll visit the city's paleontology museum before spending time exploring the Tatacoa desert with a guide.
Villavieja is one of those places in the world where time seems to have stopped, it is a place where you experience a feeling of peace and tranquility, it is a point where the immediate technological connection is put aside to prepare to enter a state of connection with the cosmos.
This dry region is the second largest arid zone in Colombia after the Guajira peninsula, and is characterized by two types of rocks with different colors: red rocks in the sector near Cuzco, and gray ones in the area near “Los Hoyos " As you discover the desert, check out local wildlife, including birds, snakes, spiders, and ocelots. Even if you don't see any creatures, you will surely enjoy the spectacular desert landscape.
Duration: 2 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at Hotel Oasis
Day 2: Boat Tour in Magdalena River
Stop At: Malecon del Rio Magdalena, Between Street 11 and 13 AV. Circumambulate, Neiva Colombia
Today you will start at 8am with a breakfast in your hotel finishing around 9am.
After breakfast we will get ready for a boat tour along the River Magdalena.
With your professional guide, you will board a boat and start your 1-hour tour along the longest river in Colombia.
After the boat your we will get back to the hotel to pick up your luggage and start our journey back to the capital of Colombia.
This road trip will last 6-hour approx. depending on the traffic conditions. We should be back to Bogotá at approx. 7pm.
Duration: 10 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Eldorado Airport, Bogota Colombia
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Make sure to have sun protection with you
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehiculos al 50 % de ocupación de su capacidad. Entrega de Kit de Bioseguridad Personal. Dentro de las medidas para el ingreso al país está la presentación del resultado negativo de una prueba PCR no mayor a 96 horas de antelación a la hora de vuelo.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.