2-Day Puerto Lopez & Isla de La Plata
37 km from Puerto Lopez, Isla de la Plata is a small island of just 8 square kilometers. Its name comes from the legend that the English explorer Sir Francis Drake buried a chestful of silver here in the sixteenth century – never discovered, of course. Today, the island’s fame derives from its large population of marine birds, and beautiful cliffs. Commonly known to Ecuadorians and visitors as Poor man’s Galapagos, because of its resemblance with the Enchanted Islands and how close it is to mainland Ecuador. But this hackneyed phrase doesn’t do the island justice; it’s the only place in Ecuador –including the Galapagos – where blue-footed, red-footed and masked boobies are living together, as well as sea lions. Visits usually include snorkeling, which provides a glimpse of a fabulous array of colorful fish. You might also spot dolphins and manta rays on the boat ride. As for whale watching, you’ll have the chance to see them if between the months of June and September.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Accommodation 1 night in a double room with private bathroom at La Terraza
- Professional bilingual guide
- Private transportation from and to your hotel in Guayaquil or airport
- Activities as described
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
What's excluded :
- Additional food or beverages
- Optional tips for guide
Day 1: GUAYAQUIL – PUERTO LOPEZ
Stop At: Puerto Lopez, Ecuador
Pick up at the airport or hotel in Guayaquil at 9 AM and arrival at Puerto Lopez around 12 PM. In Puerto Lopez, you will have free time to explore the city and the beautiful beach.
Duration: 6 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Accommodation in Terraza Hotel or similar
Day 2: ISLA DE LA PLATA
Stop At: Isla de la Plata, Machalilla National Park Ecuador
After a good breakfast, you will leave around 9 AM to Isla de la Plata. It is about 1.5 hour by boat from Puerto Lopez. At Isla de la Plata you will have the chance to go snorkeling, see the Blue Footed boobies, turtles and tropical fish. During lunchtime, you can enjoy the lunch box that you are getting from the hotel. At the end of the day, you will drive back to Guayaquil where you arrive around 7.30 PM. You can be dropped off at the airport or at your hotel in Guayaquil.
*If you travel within the months of June – September there is a high chance to spot Humpback Whales
Duration: 6 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off at hotel in Guayaquil
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Important things to bring: appropriate shoes or boots, water, sun block, sunglasses, pocket money and passport.
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- In order to process your reservation please help us with all this information:
- Where is the pick-up on Day 1 (either your hotel or GYE Airport)
- Arrival and departure information of international flights
- Room type (twin, matrimonial) or triple (in case of a group with 3 or more guests)
- Whatsapp phone number (in case you use Whatsapp and would like us to contact you that during your stay via Whatsapp)
- For all guests:
- Food restrictions
- Medical restrictions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Travelers must bring with them extra sanitary items to be used during the tour. Transportation: In navigation boats, all the crew will use biosafety equipment. In Mainland, passengers will be seated skipping a place. Medicine: Travelers should bring their medications from their countries.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.