3.5-Hour Sunwapta River Rafting Adventure in Jasper
Experience a thrilling 3.5-hour round trip whitewater rafting adventure. This is Jasper's only class III+ with the shortest commute and unquestionably the best whitewater in the area! The Sunwapta River lives up to its Stoney Indian name of 'Turbulent Water'. It offers an exciting combination of fast, fun rapids, incredible scenery and abundant wildlife. The Sunwapta river is perfect for the adventurous beginner and minors over 40 kilos (90lbs).
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- All whitewater rafting equipment
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This whitewater rafting trip operates daily, rain or shine! By far the most popular whitewater adventure, the Sunwapta River is as fun in the rain as it is in the sun because you’re going to get wet regardless.
You'll be provided with all the gear and warm clothes you need, including a wetsuit, booties, paddle jacket, life jacket, helmet, and fleece tops and neoprene gloves for those really chilly days. A towel, dry set of clothes, a snack and water may be left in the bus for after your trip. Wear your shorts or a bathing suit to wear under your wetsuit. It's not recommended to bring valuables along on the bus. Your driver will be taking photos at several locations along the river so there’s no need for a camera or phone on the river. Pictures will be ready for purchase on a memory stick at the end of your adventure.
Once on the bus, you'll head south along the spectacular Icefields Parkway approximately 40 km to the put-in on the Sunwapta River. The journey along the Icefileds Parkway offers stunning vistas of the Rocky Mountains and great opportunities to see some of the local wildlife. You will get to know your knowledgeable and friendly guides along the way as they provide you with information about Jasper National Park. Once at the put-in location, change into your wetsuit as your guide prepares the boats and equipment. Your safety is always a main concern so prior to departure on the river, your guides will provide a safety talk. All guides are trained in First Aid, CPR and are federally licensed.
The Sunwapta River emerges from the Columbia Icefield and you'll raft very close to the headwaters of this silt-laden river. The Sunwapta offers an exciting combination of fast, fun rapids, incredible scenery and abundant wildlife. It’s an hour and a half of splashes and breathtaking rocky mountain scenery. After your excitement on the water it’s back on the bus to change into your dry clothes and the beautiful drive back to the Jasper townsite.
This daily raft trip starts and finishes at the local rafting office in the Jasper townsite. If you are planning on traveling south along the Icefields Parkway on the day of your rafting adventure, your guide can meet you at the put-in location. In addition, your guide can provide pickup and drop-off at your Jasper hotel. All equipment and transportation is included for all trips.
Departure Point :RV Parking Lot, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum weight is 90 lbs (40kg) and 12 years of age
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Because paper masks become ineffective when wet, and are a potential safety hazard, we are not allowing them to be worn while on the raft. If you would like to wear a mask on the boat, please bring your own cloth mask, or a buff.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.