4 Days Mt Kenya Climb, Chogoria Route up and out Sirimon route
The Chogoria route is arguably the most magnificent ascent route to the summit area. It is not the driest route though up the mountain. The walk beside the Gorges Valley truly spectacular. Accommodation on this hike is camping on all nights on the mountain
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Dinner - · · Transport from Nairobi to Chogoria Gate Entry to the Mountain (Private) · All Park fees, Government Taxes and Levis · All food while on the Mountain. · Accommodation on the mountain Camping
What's excluded :
- The Chogoria route is arguably the most magnificent ascent route to the summit area. It is not the driest route though up the mountain. The walk beside the Gorges Valley truly spectacular. Accommodation on this hike is camping on all nights on the mountain
Day 1: Nairobi- Mt Kenya Bandas (2,900m) 4 hrs Drive, Mt Kenya
Bandas – Lake Ellis Campsite (3,600m) 3hrs, 8 km Walk, 700m ascent. Depart from Nairobi at 630hrs, driving through agricultural country up to Chogoria town for a brief stop and link up with the porters later drive up to the Meru Mount Kenya Bandas. After Lunch and sorting of porter loads we set off up the mountain at a nice and easy pace. Visit the Nithi waterfalls and back on trial for a slightly longer walk via Lake Ellis gives scenic views of Mugi hills, Ithanguni and the Giants Billiards Table, whilst if we follow the river near road head, upstream for about 3 km, the foreground scenery and flora is particularly beautiful. Cut up the left hand hillside to our camp at about 3,600m, well away from any of the more “touristy” areas..
Day 2: Lake Ellis – Minto`s Camp. (4,200m) 4 hrs, 12km, 600m ascent.
This is a long day so an early start is inevitable. You start on a well off beaten track to follow a ridge up the mountain for about 3 hours to eventually join the tourist track on the normal Chogoria route at an altitude of about 4,100m. Breathe taking views over the Gorges Valley and back over towards Ithanguni and the Northern Moorlands. Lunch is served at a small stream crossing, before continuing for a further hour to the Minto’s Hut area at 4200m and our night’s rest. Afternoon is spent relaxing at camp, though a 10 minute walk to the “Temple” is well worth the effort. This is a 150 meters vertical cliff that gets its name from the position visitors often adopt when peering over the edge – they look as if they are praying. An early night is recommended as you are attempting the summit next day.
Day 3: Minto`s – Pt Lenana (4,985m)- Shipton’s camp. 6-7 hrs, 785 ascent, 785m descent, 9km,
Predawn attempt of the summit starts at 0300hrs and you hike for about three hours up to Point Lenana (4985m), the hiker’s summit, arriving there in time to watch the African sunrise. The highlight of our trip! Take photos with the African sunrise, it’s possible to see Mt Kilimanjaro Kibo and mawenzi peaks if the weather is clear. From the Summit of Pt. Lenana, especially at dawn, the views are spectacular. Descend to Shipton’s Camp for Full breakfast. Rest in the afternoon and evening enjoying the Scenery. Diner and Overnight at the Camp
Day 4: Shipton’s Camp – Old Moses –Mt. Kenya Safari Club
After breakfast, begin a 5 hour descent via Mackinder`s valley to the Old Moses camp (3,300m). The descent is gentle and it offers ample time to enjoy fascinating scenery which includes the moorlands before reaching the camp. At this Place and Point you will be picked up by transport, a Short 15mins drive/descend to the Sirimon Park gate and continue transfer to Nairobi
Departure Point :1: Chogoria, Kenya
2: Hilton Nairobi, Mama Ngina St, Nairobi, Kenya
Traveler pickup is offered
I will always share my Phone numbersAirports
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 12/15/2019 - 11/24/2021
Monday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM Tuesday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM Wednesday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM Thursday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM Friday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM Saturday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.