A Day Mini Naadam Festival 2020 & Genuine Nomadic Heritage
The Festival consists of three main games referred as “Three Manly Sports” such as traditional wrestling, horse racing and archery. In the aisles of the Central Stadium, both archery and the fourth Naadam game- ankle bone shooting will surely capture your interest. Hundreds of herders with their race horses will rush from various parts of the country to participate the biggest race. Racing will take place out in the plains with varying distances of up to 15-20miles in 6 different age categories. We kindly recommend booking in advance our Naadam Festival Tour and People of Central Asia have become NOMADS due to the harsh and extreme climate of their habitat. Nomads seek out best pastures and water sources for their livestock and migrate accordingly. Climate, landscape and daily challenges developed them as tough, resilient and self-sufficient nomads during centuries of struggle. Nomads created rich and diverse cultural heritage unique to the world.
per adult from
8 hours 18 minutes
What's included :
- • Guide service at all times.
- • Entrance fees
- • Traditional show
What's excluded :
- • Travel insurance, medical insurance
- • Alcoholic beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Töv, Mongolia
• In the morning, we will drive to Mongol Nomadic camp at 8am from Ulaanbaatar
• Mongol Nomadic Show starts at10am
• Demonstration of everyday life of a traditional Mongol family and herders which almost non-existent nowadays
• Watching the production of dairy products and tasting
• Demonstration of the migration of Mongolian herding family using ox carts and camel caravan
• Demonstration of milking yaks, tying together goats and ewes and milking them, catching and tying foals to a long tether and milking mares
• Felt making and producing ropes from cow hide
• Concert of traditional musical instruments and folk songs
• Horsemanship show
• We will have a Mongolian Traditional lunch
• The Mini Naadam Festival will be officially opened by the welcoming speech of President of Mongolia. Following the opening ceremony, a grand cortege is held including the ceremonial parade of adult and children representing nomadic culture, history and ethnic people of the country eventually escorted with folk music and dance. Further, you can pay a visit to archery competitions where participants can only rely on their sharp eye, firm hand and rich experience to release the arrow. The targets are usually a fist-sized leather balls which are placed in 60ms distance from women and 70ms for men contestants. Enjoy the game of ankle bone shooting. First round of wrestling match starts right after the opening ceremony
• It’s hard to imagine a Mongolian or a nomad without their horses. Mongolians possess a great heritage of horse culture as part of their daily living. The best winner horses across the country gather in Ulaanbaatar for the most important National race. Mongolian people have been training their horses genuinely in their nature and winning the race during State Naadam festival will definitely bring them tremendous joy and glory.
• Drive back to Ulaanbaatar, since all the viewers of horse race will return towards the city, driving may be little longer than expected.
Duration: 6 minutes
Departure Point :Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.