A little Taste of Kiteboarding
We from Awa Salu Kiteboarding Curacao, offer you premium, high quality kite lessons. We are looking out for you with a high focus on technique and safety.
We are located at the A-spot for kiteboarding on the mainland of Curaçao at the St. Joris bay. Before and after your lessons you can get the tips and watch the tricks of the local kiteboarder in their habitat.
The water is both shallow and deep, for practicing all aspects of kiteboarding. For the more advanced courses we practice walking the kite and launching and landing the kite on land.
Wondering if kiteboarding is for you? Learning to kiteboard is like learning to drive a car. A kid could learn it. After a couple of lessons, you will get the hang of it and go as slow or fast, high or low as you want to go.
What's included :
- This year’s kite gear
- Intercom radio
- Water shoes
- Rash guards
What's excluded :
- Bring: Swimwear, Water and Sunscreen
- Leave at 'home': Valuables
During this 2 hour introduction course you will learn how to handle the machine of this sport: the kite.
After setting up of the kite and the wind and safety briefing, you and your instructor will go into the water where you will learn to steer the kite and how to propel yourself on nothing more then wind power.
Before and after your lessons you can get the tips and watch the tricks of the local kiteboarder in their habitat.
Departure Point :Awa Salu Kiteboarding Curacao | Kite School & Shop, De weg naar St.Joris Bay zn The Spot St. Joris Bay, Willemstad, Curaçao
Traveler pickup is offered
We drive either a large white pickup truck (Nissan Titan)or a small white pickup truck (Volkswagen Saveiro)We will be standing at your hotel cardrive or the last gate or exit of your port.Airports
- Aeropuerto Hato, Curacao
- Mega Pier
- Any other Port or Marina
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers that can't swim
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate