A Walking Tour of Old Lisbon
On this tour you'll discover the history and traditions of ancient Lisbon.
From Rossio Square we will climb the medieval hill of Lisbon through the iconic Mouraria neighborhood, the place where, since ages, completely different cultures and traditions meet, including the strongest tradition of Lisbon: Fado.
After sweetening our mouth with the delicious pastries from Lisbon, we'll discover all the stories of the inexpugnable St. George Castle and visit the nearby medieval quarter of Santa Cruz.
Later, we will go deep into Alfama neighbourhood, feel its special atmosphere and learn about its history and traditions. We’ll pass by the “Old” Cathedral, inextricably bound to the history of Lisbon since its first settlers, and then, we’ll finish our tour in one of the most iconic squares of the ancient town, a great spot for relaxing after such enriching tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- 2 tastings
- Admission fees included
- Don't waste anytime: skip the queues
- Local and professional guide during all the tour
- Entry/Admission - St George Castle lisbon
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rossio Square, Praca Dom Pedro IV, Lisbon 1100-026 Portugal
From Rossio Square we will climb the medieval hill of Lisbon through the iconic Mouraria neighbourhood, the place where, since ages, completely different cultures and traditions meet, including the strongest tradition of Lisbon: Fado.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St George Castle lisbon, St George Castle Rua De Santa Cruz Do Castelo, Lisbon Portugal
Superb medieval Castle perched on top of one of Lisbon's hills, affording magnificent views.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Alfama, Lisbon Portugal
After sweetening our mouth with the delicious pastries from Lisbon, we will go deep into Alfama neighborhood, feel its special atmosphere and learn about its history and traditions.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lisbon Cathedral, Largo da Sé, 1100-585 Lisboa, Portugal
Built in 1147, the cathedral has survived many earthquakes and has been modified, renovated and restored several times. It is nowadays an amazing mix of different architectural styles.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Rossio Square, Praça do Rossio, 1100-200 Lisboa, Portugal
Return Detail :Campo das Cebolas, 1100 Lisboa, Portugal
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children (under 6 years old) don't pay and are always welcome (please be aware that walking tours with children and baby trolleys may be hard to handle in some situations).
- Minimum numbers apply (2 pax min.). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Some amount of walking is involved, comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- If rain is forecast, bring an umbrella as we will be outside for most of the tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.