Acropolis Inside Out: 4-Hour Private Guided Tour
In this 4 hour private guided walking tour you will have the chance to experience the life-changing feeling of actually being there where it all began. Walk through the same paths where the giants of ancient Athens like Socrates, Plato and Pericles taught and flourished, guiding humanity through the centuries. Experience the reason and the way notions like Democracy were created and how they evolved in time, becoming a crucial part of the modern capital of Greece.
Accompanied by our State Licensed Tour Guide you will visit Acropolis, where lies the Parthenon, one of the most recognizable buildings in the history of mankind, as well as the Acropolis Museum, one of the top museums worldwide.
per adult from
What's included :
- A coffee or other traditional refreshment per person
- State licensed Guide
- All taxes and fees
What's excluded :
- Foods and drinks
- Entrance fees to any point of interest
- Personal Expenses (i.e. souvenirs etc.)
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Areopagus, Acropolis, Athens 105 58 Greece
In Areopagus you will learn all about its history and why it serves as a typical example of an aetiological myth (a myth that exists to justify a cause).
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Acropolis, via Dionysiou Areopagitou str., Athens 105 58 Greece
The next part of the tour takes you to visit the magnificent Acropolis, which is located on a flat-topped rock that rises 150 m (490 ft.) above sea level, with a surface area of about 3 hectares (7.4 acres). Home to the Parthenon, generally considered the zenith of the Doric order and regarded as an enduring symbol of Ancient Greece, Athenian Democracy and western civilization, it is by far the most important surviving building of Classical Greece; its decorative sculptures (like the Caryatids) are considered some of the highest points of Greek art.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Herod Atticus Odeon, Dionissiou Areopagitou, Athens Greece
One of the legendary sites that sits beneath the slopes of the Acropolis on the southwest side, a stunning open-air theatre.
Stop At: Acropolis Museum, Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athens 117 42 Greece
Acropolis Museum, built to house every artifact discovered on the Acropolis rock and on the surrounding slopes, from the Greek Bronze Age to Roman and Byzantine Greece. With a collection of nearly 4,000 objects, exhibited over an area of 14,000 square meters, the Museum is constantly considered to be, from the first day of its opening to the public on the 20th of June 2009, one of the top museums in the world.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Rovertou Galli 43, Athina 117 41, Greece
Return Detail :Acropolis Museum, Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athina 117 42, Greece
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Reference Points
- The Areopagus
- Private guided tour to the Acropolis and the Parthenon
- Private guided tour to the Acropolis Museum
- Odeon of Herodes Atticus
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- The electronic voucher is required, in order to avoid a paper voucher’s collection. Our staff is trained in the latest hygiene protocols and cleaning procedures.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.