Alaska Railroad Anchorage to Denali One Way
How to get to Denali National Park? There’s no finer way to arrive than aboard Alaska Railroad’s flagship train, the Denali Star. Passengers especially appreciate the panoramic views, as on a clear day the route offers incredible views of the train’s namesake peak: Denali, the tallest mountain in North America. We recommend that passengers made advance reservations for accommodations at the Park, as it is not possible to get to and from Denali from Anchorage by rail in the same day. A return rail journey from Denali to Anchorage may be booked separately for a subsequent day.
per adult from
What's included :
- One-way rail transportation from Anchorage to Denali
- Alaskan tour guide providing narration throughout journey
- Comfortable reserved seating
- Optional dining and snack bar
What's excluded :
- Lodging in Denali
- Tours and activities in Denali
- Return transportation
- These options can be booked independently or through Alaska Railroad directly after booking.
- The route spans two of Alaska’s five geographic regions – Southcentral and Interior Alaska. Between Anchorage and Talkeetna, it crosses the Knik River along the Chugach Mountains. South of Talkeetna and on a clear day, views of Denali, North America's tallest mountain, rise high above the Susitna River. North of Talkeetna, tracks wander the Hurricane backcountry Hurricane; with views of the snaking Indian River and expansive sight of Hurricane Gulch. South of Denali National Park, Broad Pass offers majestic views of the Alaska Range; north of the park, the train winds along Healy Canyon, following the curves of the Nenana River below.
• Depart Anchorage at 8:15 am
• Arrive Denali 3:40 pm
• Explore Denali National Park on your own, accommodations booked separately and at own expense
• Option for accommodations or next day return trip by rail back to Anchorage or on to Fairbanks - schedule directly with Alaska Railroad after booking
• Snack bar and optional dining available
Departure Point :Anchorage Depot, 411 W 1st Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Departure Time :8:15 AM
Return Detail :Parks Hwy, Denali National Park and Preserve, AK, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants (0-1) may be added to a reservation as lap children (not requiring a paid, reserved seat) but they must be registered in the booking. To register an infant as a lap child, please indicate so in the “Special Requests” option in the final checkout and include the infant’s name, age and gender.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Passenger Information and Resources page.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.