Alaska Railroad Anchorage to Seward One Way
Departing from downtown Anchorage, the Coastal Classic Train travels south along the rugged coastline of Turnagain Arm, with dramatic views of the Chugach Mountains plunging directly to the sea. At the end of Turnagain Arm, the tracks veer away from the road system into the backcountry wilderness – and what many consider to be the most scenic stretch of the Alaska Railroad, accessible only by train. Watch for views of massive glaciers, steep river canyons, and cascading waterfalls. The train arrives to Seward at 11 am, allowing plenty of time to explore this charming port town – or opt to take a marine wildlife & glacier day cruise into the nearby Kenai Fjords.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- One-way rail transportation from Anchorage to Seward
- Comfortable reserved seating
- Alaskan tour guide providing narration throughout rail journey
- Optional dining and snack bar available for purchase
What's excluded :
- Accommodation, tours and/or activities in Seward
- Take a train ride to the port town of Seward from Anchorage on the Alaska Railroad! You will not be disappointed by the stunning vistas on your relaxing 4-hour journey down to Seward. The large picture windows and open vestibules on the train provide excellent photo-taking opportunities along the journey, and local guides share the stories behind the sights along the way. There are many local highlights and excursions you can see and do in Seward.
• Depart Anchorage Depot at 6:45 am
• Arrive Seward Depot at 11:05 am
• Onboard narration included on train
• Onboard dining available for purchase on train
• Explore Seward on your own. Optional tours or cruises (sold separately) to explore Seward and/or the Kenai Fjords. Advance booking recommended.
Departure Point :Anchorage Depot, 411 W 1st Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Departure Time :6:45 AM
Return Detail :Seward, AK 99664, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants (0-1) may be added to a reservation as lap children (not requiring a paid, reserved seat) but they must be registered in the booking. To register an infant as a lap child, please indicate so in the “Special Requests” option in the final checkout and include the infant’s name, age and gender.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Passenger Information and Resources page: https://www.alaskarailroad.com/passenger-information
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.