Alaska Railroad Denali to Anchorage One Way
Make your travel time between Denali National Park and Anchorage a highlight of your trip, by booking a ticket aboard the Alaska Railroad's Denali Star Train. Relax in comfortable seats and watch Alaska unfold from large picture windows. Local guides share Alaska history and the stories behind the sights as you travel south. On a clear day, this route offers incredible views of the train’s namesake peak: Denali, the tallest mountain in North America.
per adult from
What's included :
- One-way rail transportation from Denali to Anchorage
- Alaskan tour guide providing narration throughout journey
- Comfortable reserved seating
- Optional dining and snack bar
What's excluded :
- Lodging in Anchorage
- Tours and activities in Anchorage
- Transportation after arriving in Anchorage
- These options can be booked independently or through Alaska Railroad directly after booking.
- The route spans two of Alaska’s five geographic regions – Southcentral and Interior Alaska. Just south of Denali National Park, Broad Pass offers majestic views of the Alaska Range in all directions; north of the park, the train winds along Healy Canyon, following the curves of the Nenana River below. North of Talkeetna, the tracks veer away from the road system and into the backcountry Hurricane area; this region offers views of the snaking Indian River, the occasional remote cabin and the expansive sight of Hurricane Gulch from the top of a 296-foot bridge. Traveling between Talkeetna and Anchorage, the train crosses the Knik River with the Chugach Mountains as a backdrop. Just south of Talkeetna, watch for views of Denali rising high above the Susitna River.
• Depart Denali at 12:15 pm
• Arrive Anchorage at 8:00 pm
• Explore Anchorage on your own, accommodations booked separately and at own expense
• (Option for accommodations or additional rail transportation - to be scheduled directly with Alaska Railroad after booking)
Snack bar and optional dining available for purchase.
Departure Point :Parks Hwy, Denali National Park and Preserve, AK, USA
Departure Time :12:30 PM
Return Detail :Anchorage Depot, 411 W 1st Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants (0-1) may be added to a reservation as lap children (not requiring a paid, reserved seat) but they must be registered in the booking. To register an infant as a lap child, please indicate so in the “Special Requests” option in the final checkout and include the infant’s name, age and gender.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Passenger Information and Resources page.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.