Alaska Railroad Seward to Anchorage One Way
Departing from downtown Seward at 6pm, the Coastal Classic Train travels north along the rugged coastline of Turnagain Arm, with dramatic views of the Chugach Mountains plunging directly to the sea. At the end of Turnagain Arm, the tracks veer away from the road system into the backcountry wilderness – and what many consider to be the most scenic stretch of the Alaska Railroad, accessible only by train. Watch for views of massive glaciers, steep river canyons, and cascading waterfalls. The train arrives in Anchorage at 10:15pm.
per adult from
4 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- One-way rail transportation from Seward to Anchorage
- Alaskan tour guide providing narration throughout journey
- Comfortable reserved seating
- Optional dining and snack bar
What's excluded :
- Accommodation and/or tours and activities in Anchorage
- Return transportation
- These options can be booked independently or through Alaska Railroad directly after booking.
- After spending the day in the port town of Seward, take the evening train to Anchorage on the Alaska Railroad! You will not be disappointed by the stunning vistas on your relaxing 4-hour journey down to Seward. The large picture windows and open vestibules on the train provide excellent photo-taking opportunities along the journey, and local guides share the stories behind the sights along the way.
• Depart Seward Depot at 6:00 pm
• Arrive Anchorage Depot at 10:15 pm
• Onboard narration included on train
• Onboard dining available for purchase on train
• Accommodation and/or optional tours or cruises (sold separately) to explore Anchorage. Advance booking recommended.
Departure Point :Seward, AK 99664, USA
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Anchorage Depot, 411 W 1st Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants (0-1) may be added to a reservation as lap children (not requiring a paid, reserved seat) but they must be registered in the booking. To register an infant as a lap child, please indicate so in the “Special Requests” option in the final checkout and include the infant’s name, age and gender.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Passenger Information and Resources page: https://www.alaskarailroad.com/passenger-information
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.