Amber Palace Water Walk
The Walk is conducted inside the Amber Palace & Fort Complex. We will understand the history of Amber Palace connected to water and learn about different types of water arrangements done for the people and army residing in the Palace. The walk will start at Water lifting buildings. From there we will go to the Persian wheel which was installed to lift water up to the fort. The walk will cover all the important elements of the Fort finishing at the Diwan-i-aam tank. The highlight of the walk is that it provides access to the parts of the Palace which are otherwise not accessible to regular tourists.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses
Heritage Water Walk is a two-‐hour walk designed to understand the sacredness of water in Rajasthani culture and the wisdom of our ancestors. It uncovers the stories hidden in the majestic forts of Nahargarh and Amber--Stories of water, stories of people and stories of life as it evolved in the desert. Amber Palace Water Management System: Built-in 1599 by Raja Man Singh (1550-1614) and expanded on by his successors including Sawai Jai Singh, Amber Palace has very advanced water management system. It has two primary sources of water – Maota Lake and rainwater harvesting within the palace. A series of six water buildings designed in a cascade use complex relay-rehant system to lift water a few hundred feet above from the Maota lake.
• Amber Fort Palace, Jaipur 302021 India
Departure Point :Amber Palace, Devisinghpura, Amer, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001, India
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.