Arashiyama Bamboo Bike Tour (Early Bird)
Come early morning to escape the crowds and enjoy an opportunity to truly soak in the scenic sites of the Bamboo Forest and Arashiyama. On this tour you will explore the beauty of bamboo, the tranquility of temples and some of the best scenic panoramas Kyoto has to offer without all the people. This tour includes several of the top visited destinations of Arashiyama including the world famous bamboo forest, the Togetsukyo Bridge, the gardens of the Unesco World Heritage Tenryuji Zen Temple as well as several of our own local favorite secret spots.
What's included :
- Native English speaking bilingual guide
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Arashiyama
What's excluded :
Stop At: Arashiyama, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 616-0007 Kyoto Prefecture
Your tour is carved out with a perfect balance of serene temples, rural landscapes, and iconic views of Kyoto’s old country. You will begin with a meet up at the rendezvous point 20 minutes prior to our scheduled departure to ensure you are fitted properly on a multi-speed Cannondale bicycle.
You will then embark on your adventure with an introduction to the spiritual side of the area at one of Kyoto’s oldest temples. Your temple visit will be followed by a comfortable ride to a scenic backstreet in one of Kyoto’s preserved historical landscapes before reaching the world famous bamboo forest of Arashiyama. In addition, you will also be treated to several of the local hotspots off the beaten path.
Your admission fees will be covered and you will be guided safely through the hidden side streets of Arashiyama. The route you will ride is suitable for all levels of bicycle enthusiasts and is sure to bring big smiles, incredible photos, and everlasting memories of an amazing day!
Departure Point :Saga-Arashiyama Station, 11-1 Sagatenryūji Kurumamichichō, Ukyo Ward, Kyoto, 616-8373, Japan
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please provide heights of all guests at time of booking
- All guests will be required to sign a liability release waiver prior to the tour
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff