Arenal Volcano and Hot Springs - Half Day
Take a guided walk through the famous Arenal Volcano National Park up to the 1992 lava flow rocks learning about volcanic activity and natural history. Witness a breathtaking view of Lake Arenal and the Tilaran mountain range. Observe different wildlife, trees and plants along the way. Visit a 400 year old Ceiba tree. Relax in the therapeutic natural hot spring waters of the Tabacon River.
Includes: Transportation, park entrance, guide, fruit, snacks and refreshments.
Level of difficulty: Easy
Duration: Half day
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional local guide
- Small personlised tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (if in the vicinity)
- Light refreshments
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- You will love our personalized guided tour through Arenal Volcano National Park followed by a relaxing stop in the spa waters of the Tabacon river. You will be picked up at 7:15 am for the morning tour or 1:30 pm for the afternoon sunset tour from your hotel, if it is in the vicinity of La Fortuna, or from our office. The drive to the Arenal Volcano National Park takes about 30 minutes passing along the impressive north side of the cone shaped Arenal Volcano where you can stop for photos. Once at the park, your guide will take you to the 1992 lava rock flow where there is a beautiful close up view of the volcano, Lake Arenal and the Tilaran Mountain Range. Next, you will be guided through the park's loop trail in tropical rain forest to a gigantic 400 year old Ceiba tree. Your professional guide will point out all the exotic flowers, plants, birds and wildlife that you see on your walk as well as give you an informed understanding of Costa Rican natural history, volcanology and the Arenal Volcano itself. You will be provided with fresh tropical fruits, snacks and beverages. To top things off, you will also visit the Tabacon River, famous for its hot therapeutic waters, for a relaxing dip and a great finish of your day with us. All our tours are small and personalized or private to provide you with outstanding customer service and to best preserve the natural environment.
Departure Point :La Fortuna de San Carlos, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Province of Alajuela
Traveler pickup is offered
• 7:15 am pick-up for morning tour • 1:30 pm pick-up for sunset tour • Choose your own pick-up time
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What to Bring
- Good hiking shoes or running shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Rain jacket
- Bathing suit/swim trunks
- Sun lotion
- Mosquito Repellent
- Please advise us of any specific dietary requirements
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.