Atomic Ride | LitWild |Visaginas|Lithuania
The route runs along famous "dacha" houses of the locals. There you can spot ineresting landscapes, have a sneak peek at locals' gardens and very specific architecture of the houses.
Then we head off towards currently decommissioning Ignalina Nuclear Power Plant where a part of "Chernobyl" series have been shooted. Ignalina Nuclear Power Plant is of a very similar construction to Chernobyl's one, but is more powerful - it's a RBMK 1500. The plant is located on Drūkšiai lake which is divided by 2 countries: Belarus and Lithuania.
Please note! make sure you have passport or ID card with you (driving licence won't do), you might need it in case of border check.
Half-way through the tour we will have a short break and enjoy the industrial surroundings of the place. It's time for you to have some rest and share the impressions over a cup of hot tea.
Be ready to hear about the history of the plant, its present-day situation and about the connection to "Chernobyl" series.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English- Russian- Lithuanian speaking guide
- Fat bike and equipment hire
- Safety briefing
What's excluded :
Ride through the hidden forest areas, along swampy pathways and learn interesting facts about the connection between Ignalina Nuclear Power Plant and Chernobyl, visit the territory of the station. Sneak peek at unique summer houses of the locals called "dacha's" as the heritage of the Soviet past. Feel the edge, speed and action, and get astonished by the contrasts of natural and industrial sceneries on this 2 hour guided tour.
Departure Point :Vilties g. 5, Visaginas 31118, Lithuania
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 10 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Suitable for those who exercise regularly. Suitable for children over 14 y/o and/or 150cm in height.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.