Auschwitz Tour and Salt Mines Krakow - One day trip with transport
Visit former Nazi concentration Camp in Auschwitz which was the largest camp of Nazi Germany. See one of the oldest Salt Mine in the world. Discover both of these places on our full day trip from Krakow. In Auschwitz you will join licensed guide who will bring you closer to the history of this place. The memorial tour in Auschwitz begin at the entrance gate by the ironic slogan - “Arbeit macht frei” Next you will see prisoners’ barracks and railroad track that transported people to gas chambers. Auschwitz tour takes around 2 hours and Birkenau tour around 1-1.5 hour. After that our driver will drive you to Salt Mine. Tour in Salt Mine takes around 2.5h and during the tour you will see St Kinga’s Chapel - 54 m long and 12 m high chapel resembles interiors of medieval wooden churches and is a real underground wonder with breathtaking chandeliers made of salt crystals, underground corridors and landscapes thatcannot be seen on the surface saline lakes and beautiful underground chambers.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off - if option with hotel pick up selected
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or minibus
- Wifi access
- Professional guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Entry/Admission - Panstwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Entry/Admission - Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Extra fee in Wieliczka for taking photos
- Hotel pickup and drop-off - if option with meeting point selected
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Panstwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau, ul. Wiezniow Oswiecimia 20 Entrance to the Museum is located at Stanisławy Leszczyńskiej Str. no. 11, Oswiecim 32-603 Poland
Depart Krakow and journey to the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum by air-conditioned minivan or minibus. Watch the short documentary "The Liberation of Auschwitz" on the way to learn more about the camp. Upon arrival, take a guided tour of the site to explore one of the darkest chapters in the history of Europe.
Auschwitz Camp - exhibition in buldings
Birkenau Camp (Auschwitz II) - exhibition outside
Former barracks where prisoners lived
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Wieliczka Salt Mine, Jana Mikolaja Danilowicza 10, Wieliczka 32-020 Poland
Spend approximately 3.5-hours at Auschwitz-Birkenau, and then drive to the Wieliczka Salt Mine for a 2.5-hour guided tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Marvel at the chambers carved in salt and see statues and chapels carved by the former miners.
600 steps down to underground
Caves and Chambers
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: Radisson Blu Hotel, Krakow, Straszewskiego 17, 31-101 Kraków, Poland
2: Dajwór 69, 31-052 Kraków, Poland
3: Poczta Główna, Westerplatte 20, 31-045 Kraków, Poland
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick up from central Krakow accommodation located Old Town, Jewish Quarter, Podgorze (former ghetto) - if option with hotel pick up selected.Meeting point in front of Radisson blu hotel Krakow - if option with meeting point selected.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- As it is mandatory in Auschwitz Birkenau museum to confirm your personal details, you are required to take with you passport or ID to be presented at the entrance to museum. Please do not forget it, otherwise you may be not allowed to enter museum.
- While in Auschwitz-Birkenau, visitors are required to behave appropriately and respectfully
- Temperatures in Wieliczka Salt Mine are around 59ºF (15ºC). Also, it should be taken into account that narrow paths may seem claustrophobic, and once underground there is no possibility to shorten your visit and turn back. At the entrance, visitors descent 400 steps down and the whole tourist route features over 800 stairs
- In Auschwitz-Birkenau visitors are generally allowed to take pictures with a few, clearly indicated exceptions. Taking photos and filming in Wieliczka Salt Mine is possible only after purchasing additional pass
- The maximum size of your carry-on can not exceed the following dimensions: 11.8 x 7.8 x 3.9 inches (30 x 20 x 10 cm). You can leave your larger luggage in the car
- Please note that in the camps there are mostly dirt tracks, which may cause minor difficulties for wheelchair-users
- The cost for taking photos in the Wieliczka Salt Mine is 10 PLN / 2,5 Euro - cash only
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- There are no restrictions regarding the age of children in Wieliczka Salt Mine and Auschwitz Birkenau Memorial and Museum, but they should be either capable of walking unassisted or carried in baby slings or baby carriers. Baby pushchairs are not allowed underground (salt mine)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Please note that masks are obligatory only in closed public areas such as museums, mines, shops, churches, public transport, etc.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.