Authentic Mexican culinary experience and walking tour in Coyoacan
Start the day visiting Coyoacan, this is a small cozy colonial town in the middle of this big city with real colonial architecture and the freedom to move at your own pace. This self-guided audio tour offers a narrated audio guide, which follows the map of your tour. This audio tour will take you on an informative journey through the center of Coyoacan, seeing historical sites, markets, canteens, snack bars, restaurants and of course its cafes, listening the different stories from Coyoacan. At the end of the tour you will meet a Cheff in a cozy house so you will get the opportunity to prepare your own real Mexican taco, sope, gordita or quezadilla and of course a margarita… Salud !!
per adult from
What's included :
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Audio devise Mp4
- Map of the zone
- Ingredients for meals
- Guide (if option selected)
- Pre-Hispanic Mexican Experience (if option selected)
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Stop At: Coyoacan, Parque Centenario, Mexico City 04000 Mexico
Your day begins in the heart of Coyoacan, in Los Coyotes Fountain, where you will be equipped with an Mp4 player and headphones this is where your adventure will start. In this circuit of the Conchita Neighborhood, you will make a trip through history, where you'll get to know just a piece of the life of one of the most famous Mexico individuals, The Spanish Conqueror. Historians say Conchita's District it's the place where the conqueror Hernán Cortés settled its compound, from where he directed the Conquest of the great Tenochtitlan and the construction of The New Spain.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Tlatetilpa 14, San Lucas, Coyoacán, 04030 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
After the walking tour you have the cooking experience at La Casita de Coyoacan where a chef house kitchen will teach you how to prepare typical Mexican food, such as a tasty quesadilla, sope, gordita, and tacos, prepare also your salsa, with this experience you will be able to differentiate between a taco, tostada, tlacoyo, and quesadillas, also you will learn the bases to prepare a great salsa in Molcajete and the classic lemon or tamarindo margaritas!
Optional. you can choose to experiment pre-Hispanic Mexican kitchen with very authentic and original products such as chapulines (grasshopper), escamoles Mexican caviar, acociles; river shrimp, maguey worms and chimicules.
These ingredients: (type of product will be available according to the season)
Do not miss this great experience, have fun, and then you get delicious food as a reward with a couple of Margaritas!!!
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
• Gorditas - It is a pastry made with masa and stuffed with cheese, meat or other fillings. It is similar to a pasty. Gordita means "chubby" in Spanish.
• Sope - A sope is a traditional Mexican dish originating in the central and southern parts of Mexico, where it was sometimes first known as pellizcadas.
• Quesadilla - Quesadillas are tortillas that can be stuffed with cheese, meat, or mix with pumpkin and squash.
• Margarita - A cocktail consisting of tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice often served with salt on the rim of the glass. The drink is served blended with ice.
Departure Point :Fuente de los Coyotes, Parque Centenario, Coyoacán TNT, Coyoacán, 04000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is recommended that you bring/wear comfortable walking shoes, hat, and sunscreen
- Please note this is an audio tour only; no physical guide will accompany you (unless you book the tour with guide)
- The equipment lends itself from 1 hour to 1 hour and a half, if you have plenty of time you can take advantage to have a coffee
- The equipment can be left in La Casita of Coyoacan
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.