Backcountry skiing adventure
This 3-4 hour adventure gives you a chance to try the most popular sport in Finland, cross-country skiing. It’s a fascinating and environmentally friendly way to move in deep snow through the Arctic forests and rugged areas. We will teach you the basics of this wonderdul wintersport and take a photography tour through the Arctic wilderness. The adventure is guided by professional photographer who makes sure that you have all the time necessary to enjoy and photograph the snowy Arctic nature and amazing landscapes around us. The adventure gives you wonderful opportunity to witness the real and authentic nature of Lapland!
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Wilderness/photography guide
- hot drinks and snacks
- skiing trip to Arctic nature
- hotel pick-up & drop-off
- minivan transportation
- skis & poles
- warm clothing & winter boots
- 10-15 photos from the tour sent to you afterwards
What's excluded :
- During our adventure, we will enjoy beautiful nature and photograph the breath-taking landscapes around us. We use special skin-based skis, which take skiing from cross-country right into the backcountry. Backcountry skiis represent the freshest Finnish innovation in wilderness exploration. Owing to their composition and skin-based material they provide us unlimited access to the endless, snowy hinterlands of Lapland.
We will start our tour from Rovaniemi and drive to our location hidden in the forest. During the trip, we will take a break in a wooden shelter and prepare some sausages over an open fire. We will be surrounded by all of the most astonishing features of Lappish nature. Moving on skiis in these snowy landscapes gives us unforgettable opportunities for photography! The tour is always guided by a professional photographer who will share his knowledge of landscape and nature photography.
Departure Point :Valtakatu 21, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up service from any accommodation outside city center and in range of 10km.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.