BE THE FIRST: Early Bird Florence Walking Tour & Accademia Gallery (David)
Staying just one day in Florence? No problem, you can still experience it to the fullest. Our Florence walking tour includes a guided tour of the Accademia Gallery with priority entrance as well as a walking tour of the historic city center. You will kick off with one of the most notewothry museums of Florence - the Accademia Gallery to see the original statue of David made by the legendary Michelangelo Buonarroti. After a short break you will continue with a walking tour around the city of Florence and our expert licensed guide will take you to visit Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria, Dante’s district, Porcellino’s fountain, Orsanmichele, the awe-inspiring Brunelleschi’s Dome, the Baptistery of St. John and the Duomo. Finish the tour in Piazza della Signoria - the heart of Florence and enjoy the stories about this "museum under the open sky"!
per adult from
What's included :
- 60 minute guided tour in the Accademia Gallery
- 90 minute guided walking tour led by a 5-star licensed local tour guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Entrance tickets and reservation fees for the Accademia Gallery
- The Duomo, the Baptistery and the Dome will be seen from the outside.
- Entry/Admission - Galleria dell'Accademia
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food, liquors, beers and bottled beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galleria dell'Accademia, Via Ricasoli, 58/60, 50122, Florence Italy
Avoid the endless lines and start the day with visiting one of the most noteworthy museums of Florence – the Accademia Gallery, home to the original colossal statue of David by Michelangelo. Take a look at the David and you will understand why Giorgio Vasari said “Anyone who has seen Michelangelo’s David has no need to see anything else….” Hear the stories about the tormented genius and learn how much struggle he endured to bring the damaged block of marble to life – a seemingly impossible task that made him immortal.
Take a small break to get a cup of coffee or buy a souvenir in Accademia’s giftshop and continue your experience with a walking tour in the heart of Florence.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Duomo - Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore, Via della Canonica, 1 Piazza del Duomo, 50122, Florence Italy
Admire the exterior of the magnificent Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore which has a unique flower-shaped plan and the biggest masonry dome in the world – the marvel of the architect Filippo Brunelleschi. Even Michelangelo said “It would be difficult to equal…impossible to surpass.”
Pass By: Battistero di San Giovanni, Piazza San Giovanni, 50122, Florence Italy
Learn the stories about the Baptistery of San Giovanni – the oldest building of the city with its splendid Gates of Paradise.
Pass By: Museo Casa di Dante, Via Santa Margherita 1, 50122, Florence Italy
Stroll around Dante’s district and enter the 1,000-year old church where the father of Italian language met the love and muse of his life.
Pass By: Church and Museum of Orsanmichele, Via Arte della Lana 1, 50123, Florence Italy
Visit Orsanmichele – the quintessential Florentine church, and learn why a market was transformed into a church.
Pass By: Fontana del Porcellino, Via Val di Lamona Piazza del Mercato Nuovo, 50122, Florence Italy
Rub the snout of a little bronze boar in Loggia del Porcellino and make a wish to come back to Florence.
Pass By: Ponte Vecchio, 50125, Florence Italy
See Ponte Vecchio – the symbol of the city and the oldest bridge in town famous for its jewelers' shops hanging over the Arno River.
Pass By: Piazza della Signoria, 50122, Florence Italy
Finish the walking tour in the political centre of Florence – Piazza della Signoria – a museum under the open sky with many original sculptures created by Renaissance artists.
Departure Point :Via Ricasoli, 45, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Departure Time :8:15 AM
Return Detail :Piazza della Signoria, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please note: the tour includes entrance inside places of worship; visitors are requested to have knees and shoulders covered. Visitors not respecting the dress code will be denied entry.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.