Biking around the Cotopaxi Volcano
After we pick you up at your hotel, we will drive south down the Panamericana Highway. Your biking tour will take place in the Cotopaxi National Park, named after one of the highest active volcanoes on earth, which at just over 19.000 feet, is one of the most stunning sights in Ecuador. You will bike next to Cotopaxi’s base on dirt roads surrounded by an other-worldly landscape dotted by rocks strew about by the volcano during its last major eruption. The ride is about 16 miles, and mostly on a flat easy terrain ideal for novice bikers. Lunch is included in this program. Explore the Cotopaxi volcano with our biking tour!
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Experienced Certified English-Speaking Guide
- Private Transport
- Biking gear
What's excluded :
- Fees for museums or natural reserves
- Optional tips for guides and drivers
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cotopaxi National Park, Ecuador
You will be picked up at hotel in Quito, and start your tour to the Cotopaxi. At 10:00, you will start your biking ride at Cotopaxi National Park next to the volcano’s base. You will stop on the way to enjoy a lovely picnic with a lovely view of some Inca ruins. At 13:00, you will ride your bike again to finish the route around the mighty Cotopaxi. After that you will be brought back to Quito.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Transportation included is from and to Quito’s hotel, located in the Quito urban Zone. It does not include Valleys, Tababela or hotels close to the airport. The extra charge of $ 40 (for the round trip per group) must be paid directly to the driver.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Important things to bring: warm and waterproof clothing, gloves, water, sunblock, sunglasses, and passport.
- Keep in mind that climate at high altitudes can change suddenly from sunny to cold with stormy winds.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unpredictable circumstances
- It is important to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- The operator cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
- In order to process your reservation please help us with all this information: meeting point, Whatsapp phone number (in case you use it).
- For all guests we need: passport numbers, date of birth, nationality, food restrictions, medical restrictions.
- Transportation included is from and to Quito’s hotel, located in the Quito urban Zone. It does not include Valleys, Tababela or hotels close to the airport. The extra charge of $ 40 (for the round trip per group) must be paid directly to the driver.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Travelers must bring with them extra sanitary items to be used during the entire tour. Transportation: Passengers will be seated skipping a place to maintain the distance required. Medicine: Travelers should bring their medications from their countries.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.