Blue Bee Cider 1-Hour Tour and Tasting
Discover the story of Blue Bee Cider on a one-hour tour and tasting. Learn how we became Virginia’s first urban cidery and create artisanal cider in a historic revitalized stables complex from the 1940s. Meet the Blue Bee staff, get a behind-the-scenes look at our unique property, and experience our ciders in a guided tasting.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed tour guide
- Tasting included
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Blue Bee Cider, Virginia’s first urban cidery, is located in the historic Scott’s Addition district of Richmond, VA. There are three tour times available, depending on the day: 2pm, 4pm, and 6pm. During the one-hour tour and tasting, you will learn about the history of our cidery and the process of cidermaking.
Our ciders are made with rare and heirloom variety Virginia apples that are prized for their tannin, acidity, and flavor. One of Virginia’s native bees (the Blue Orchard/Mason Bee), provided the inspiration for the cidery’s name. These hardworking bees are solitary and wild, emerging early in the cool spring just in time to pollinate apple blossoms.
After the tour and tasting is completed, we invite you to stay and enjoy the ambience of Blue Bee Cider.
Departure Point :1320 Summit Ave, Richmond, VA 23230, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please note that the tour will take place both inside and outside, and in both temperature-controlled and non-controlled areas
- Please notify Blue Bee Cider if you have any accessibility needs
- Children ages 5 and under: Free
- Certified service dogs are allowed on the tours
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- For safety during the pandemic, please be advised that all of our seating is currently outdoors. Covered seating IS available to protect from precipitation, but please dress for the weather. Thanks and cheers!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.