Boone Hall Plantation Admission & Tour with Transportation from Charleston
Step back in time with a 4.5-hour visit to one of America's oldest working, living plantations. Be transported to this historic site with an experienced driver on a comfortable, air conditioned mini bus. Boone Hall Plantation has been recognized as the #1 Plantation in the Charleston area, according to USA TODAY. Tour includes round-trip transportation from the Visitors Center in Charleston, all entrance fees, a guided house tour, Gullah Theater (in season), self guided garden and grounds tour, and a tram tour (based on availability). Small-group tour is limited to a maximum of 25 people.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All gate fees
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting point
- Air-conditioned buses
- Professional driver
- Self Guided Garden Tour, historic slave cabins,
- Tram tour (based on availability)
- Plantation House Tour with guide in historical dress
- Gullah Theater presentation by costumed performer
- Entry/Admission - Boone Hall Plantation
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Your visit to Boone Hall Plantation starts with transportation by climate-controlled bus from the Charleston Visitor Center. Your gate fee is included in the price of the tour.
Founded in 1681, Boone Hall was built when Englishman Major John Boone came to Charleston and established a home on the banks of Wampacheone Creek. When you arrive, your tour begins on the front porch with a 30-minute presentation by a knowledgeable guide in historical dress. You will be introduced to the history of Boone Hall and its evolution through a variety of owners since the 17th century.
Learn many facets of the plantation's history, and listen to a presentation called Slave Street, which provides a look at the living quarters, historical relics, and insight into the life of the slaves here. In addition, learn about Gullah culture, the language of the descendants of slaves who lived in the Lowcountry of Georgia and South Carolina. Boone Hall is the only plantation in the South Carolina Lowcountry to present a live presentation, in season, about this culture.
At the end of your journey, tour the garden to see antique roses that are more than 100 years old. Then head back to the bus for the return drive to Charleston.
Departure Point :375 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Drinks/snacks are available for purchase at Plantation
- Not wheelchair accessible, but those with limited mobility are welcome if they can be assisted by a companion
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.