Budapest Alternative Culture Walking Tour
Experience Budapest’s alternative culture and underground art on a small-group cultural walking tour. Learn about Budapest’s street art, architecture and graffiti scene, and see one of the most original alternative sites. You’ll uncover Budapest's fascinating underground cultural life on this small-group walking tour, and see hidden places like the synagogues in the Jewish quarter. The tour also visits street art galleries and fashionable coffee shops and bars.
Alternative Budapest shows visitors not the usual sights, monuments and historical landmarks that other tours show you, but takes you deeper, further and more underground. Our tours aren't about the past, they're about what's happening now.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- English speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Entry/Admission - Rumbach Street Synagogue
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alternative Budapest, Deak Ferenc ter, Budapest 1052 Hungary
The meeting point of the tour
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Rumbach Street Synagogue, Rumbach Sebestyen utca 11-13., Budapest 1075 Hungary
During the street art walk in the Jewish district guests will have a look at the beautiful synagogue
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Jewish Quarter, Centre of 7th district, Budapest 1074 Hungary
The tour walks through the Jewish district
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Stop At: Budapest, Józsefváros, Hungary
The tour also visits the famous 8th district and guests will learn about local communities
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Budapest, Deák Ferenc tér 4, 1052 Hungary
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Budapest, Józsefváros, Hungary
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- If visitors have fever or acute respiratory coughing, they can not participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Group size is maximum 10 people per departure. Mask is compulsory indoors and on public transport. No need of mask outdoors when social distance measures of 1.5 meters are kept. No headphones provided, the guide keeps distance but will not wear a mask outdoors. Please take your own mask with you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.