Budapest Central Market Hall Walk with Tastings
Exploring Budapest through its market is an excellent way to get to know the city. The Great Market Hall is one of Europe’s largest and most spectacular indoor markets. Here you’ll get acquainted with Hungarian cuisine through a great variety and abundance of local and seasonal ingredients which are on display. Your guide will introduce the history of the building, along with the culture of food and drink and the everyday cooking and eating habits of Hungarians.
Your 1,5 hour tour includes tasting of salami, pickles, some bakery products and a small dessert.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- English speaking guide
- Sample salami, pickles, try Hungarian savoury scones
- Small dessert
What's excluded :
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Pick-up and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Central Market Hall, Vamhaz korut, 1-3, Budapest 1093 Hungary
90 minutes Great Market Hall visit with culinary introduction and tastings.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Absolute Tours, Lazar utca 16. Just behind the Opera House, Budapest 1065 Hungary
This tour is organized by Absolute Tours. The meeting point is not at the office but Great Market Hall on Fovam Square
Departure Point :Budapest, Fővám tér 6, 1056 Hungary
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Important notice: Please note that this tour is not suitable for nut allergy sufferers and vegans.
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately.
- We reserve the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year. If and when market hall is closed and it is not a national holiday we will substituted it with a local grocery store.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Please bring your own mask and hand sanitizer as hand washing possibilities might be limited during the tour
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.