By Jeep to Banteay Srey & Ta Nei
Of all the temple complexes in the world, the Angkor Complex certainly hits the top spot for variety and size; from the awe-inspiring centrepiece of it all – Angkor Wat – to the numerous relics of the building, urging of one of the Jayavarman rulers of a bygone era. But once you follow lesser trodden paths with us, one sees more than just those within a stone’s throw away from your Siem Reap accommodation. We’re talking about two temples that deserve as much attention due to their construction and slightly off the beaten path location. To up the ante in terms of experience, we spice your journey up to Banteay Srey and the Ta Nei temple by driving around in a military jeep.
• Admire the well-preserved stone carvings of Banteay Srei
• Explore the lesser-known Ta Nei temple inside Angkor
• Be driven around in an authentic military jeep
• Watch how local life unfolds along country roads
• Return transfers from and to your hotel are included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by open-air military jeep coach with professional driver.
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- One day entrance pass into Angkor
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Banteay Srei
- Entry/Admission - Banteay Samre
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in Siem Reap
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Banteay Srei, Siem Reap Cambodia
The temple was built in the second half of the 10th century and dedicated to Shiva. While some of the temples are impressive because of their sheer size, Banteay Srei stands alone in the quality of its construction and decoration. Built in 967 and dedicated to Brahma, the temple is located twenty-five kilometres North of Angkor Wat and bears the translated ancient Khmer name of “The Citadel of the Women”
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Kbal Spean, Angkor Kulen Hills, Siem Reap Cambodia
We continue our jeep journey to Kbal Spean (literally translated ‘The Head of the River’). A marvelous wonder, hidden in the jungle at around 14 km further north of the pink sandstone temple complex of Banteay Srey. King Jayavarman 2 built the Kbal Spean in 9th Century. The advantage of the visit to this place is the spectacular green scenery deep in the thin forest where the visitors enjoy their view on many beautiful statues carved at the bottom of the Siem Reap River. A Thousand of Shiva Lingas, the statue of Brahma, Indra, the King of Lizards, tortoises and some Sanskrit are carved on rocks in the water. A visit to Kbal Spean is just to go and see this unique underwater phenomenon.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Banteay Samre, Banteay Srei Angkor, Siem Reap Cambodia
While we make our way back to Siem Reap, we include a short stop at Banteay Samre: an Angkor temple located east of the East Baray. Built under Suryavarman II and Yasovarman II in the early 12th century, it is a Hindu temple in the Angkor Wat style. Named after the Samré, an ancient people of Indochina, the temple uses the same materials as the Banteay Srei.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from only hotels inside Siem Reap, Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Part of this excursion includes walking over unpaved roads and paths. This may not suit guests with walking issues.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Bear in mind that such paths may turn slippery / muddy after a rain shower. We suggest wearing good walking shoes, preferred closed shoes, when booking this tour.
- During this tour, we will enter religious sites where a dress code may be applicable. Please dress respectfully by wearing clothing that cover the knees and shoulders, avoid wearing clothing with bright, fluorescent colours of any kind, obscene prints or pictures and/or beach wear. Failure to comply may result in denying access into these sites.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- Sand, dust and water have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- To avoid any issues pertaining obtaining an arrival visa at the airport, please ensure that your passport contains at least two empty pages. Failure to do so may result in not gaining entrance into the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- The jeeps (no air conditioning) used during this tour can accommodate maximum 3 passengers per vehicle (participants are prohibited to drive the Jeep by themselves).
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.