Cairngorm Mountains,Outlander & Whisky 8 Seater full day Tour
Come with us to explore some of the most stunningly beautiful scenery, stories and wildlife in the world-renowned Cairngorm National Park. Journey with us into the wild and rugged Cairngorm Mountain Range, and take in some of the most breath-taking and awe-inspiring views that Scotland has to offer, in the comfort of one of our 8-seater vehicles.
This tour is a wonderful mix of stunning scenery, folklore and history, and topped off with a dram (drink) of one of the finest Highland single malt whiskies. What’s not to like?
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- live commentary on board
- Local kilted guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting point
What's excluded :
- Whisky Tour and Tasting
- Entry/Admission - Tomatin Distillery Visitor Centre
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cairngorm Mountain, CairnGorm Ski Area, Aviemore PH22 1RB Scotland
We start our tour by travelling over the Slochd summit into the Strathspey and Badenoch region of the Highlands of Scotland, before making our way into the Cairngorm Mountains. Take in the fabulous vistas, as we ascend the Cairn Gorm mountain (meaning “blue cairns”) and investigate whether the peaks are dusted with snow. Perhaps you will come across some of the reindeer, the only herd of these magnificent creatures in the UK?
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Loch Morlich, Glenmore Forest Park, Aviemore PH22 1QU Scotland
Next, visit Loch Morlich, and gaze across to the Cairngorm mountain range from this absolutely stunning viewpoint. Hear all about the “Grey Man of Ben Macdui”, and some of the other folk tales about this beautiful freshwater loch.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Ruthven Barracks, Kingussie, Newtonmore Scotland
We visit the foreboding Ruthven Barracks, which despite being ruined, demonstrates how dank and despairing 18th century military architecture was. Ruthven is also where the defeated Jacobite troops congregated in the aftermath of the Battle of Culloden (1746), ready to fight on, only to receive word from Charles Edward Stuart (Bonnie Prince Charlie) that the 1745 uprising was over. For fans of the Outlander franchise, Ruthven Barracks will give an eerie insight into what a military prison/barracks, similar to that in which Jamie was incarcerated, may have actually been like.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Highland Folk Museum, Aultlarie Croft Kingussie Road, Newtonmore PH20 1AY Scotland
Still on the Outlander theme, why not wander around an extremely impressive and authentic replica of an 18th century Highland village? So impressive is this reconstruction at the Highland Folk Museum, that it was chosen as a location and features in Season 1 of the Outlander television series.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Aviemore PH22, UK
Enjoying some free time for lunch in Aviemore, there are a number of excellent eateries and your guide will be able to advise you
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tomatin Distillery Visitor Centre, Inverness IV13 7YT Scotland
After enjoying some free time for lunch in Aviemore it’s time to return to Inverness, but not before a visit to Tomatin Distillery for a fantastic tour of the whisky distillery, and of course, a taste of the award winning single malt.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Departure Point :7 Ness Walk, Inverness IV3 5NF, UK
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.