Cairo: Old Coptic City Tour
Coptic Cairo is a unique area within Old Cairo that has a concentration of Christian churches and other sites that date from the centuries between the decline of the Pharaonic religion and the arrival of Islam when Egypt had a Christian majority.
the tour include private pick up and drop off at your hotel in Cairo or Giza by our private tour guide
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Coptic Cairo
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Coptic Cairo, Cairo Egypt
8 , 9 , 10 am any time you request us for hotel pick up,Be picked up from your hotel and start your tour with your guide to go visit about 5 churches that date back to the early Christian era.
The Hanging Church, or the Church of the Virgin Mary, was built in the 9th-century to ‘hang’ high upon the walls of Babylon. The effect of this ‘hanging’ have now diminished significantly as ground levels have raised around the walls. Deeper into Coptic Cairo there are several other older churches, including the Church of St. Sergius, which dates from the 5th-century and was supposedly built upon the site of a crypt where the Holy Family (Jesus, Mary and Joseph) was sheltered during there time in Egypt.
Even further back in time is Ben Ezra Synagogue. This is the oldest synagogue in Cairo, founded in the 9th-century on what is claimed to be either the site of the Temple of Jeremiah or the site where the pharaoh’s daughter found Moses among the reeds. End your tour here and get back to your hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All Cairo and Giza hotels
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.