Camiguin Island Tour
Nested in the northern Mindanao, Philippines, is a pear-shaped volcanic island of Camiguin, aptly called as the “Island Born of Fire”. It is roughly 100 kilometers north of Cagayan de Oro City in Misamis Oriental.
It can be considered as the Hawaii of the South East Asia as this island was created by volcanic eruptions and land movements. It has a total of seven volcanoes, one of which is the active Mount Hibok-Hibok that last erupted in 1953. Having been blessed by natural wonders and historical treasures, the island is truly a paradise. Among the most famous landmarks of Camiguin is an uninhabited white island that is around two kilometers off the shore of Agoho. It is actually a sandbar that offers a picturesque view of Mt. Hibok-Hibok. This sandbar submerges substantially during high tides.
Please Choose the Package/ Services that will suite you:
1. Camiguin Day Tour - No accommodation
2. 3Days and 2nights Camiguin Tour Package - W/ accommodation
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Boat for White Sand Bar
- Guide and Driver
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- 2 nights accommodation (Optional - Select the Package with inclusion
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- • Old Catarman (Gui-ob) Church Ruins: In Barangay Bonbon, 16 kilometers from the center of Catarman. What remains are ruins of adobe walls, belfry and convent that are testimonials to the devastating 1871 earthquake which wiped out the illustrious town of Catarman established earlier as a Spanish settlement in 1967.
• Cross Marker and Sunken Cemetery: Sixteen kilometers from Catarman proper; a huge cross was installed in 1982 to mark the community cemetery which sunk during the 1871 volcanic holocaust. A fluvial procession usually organized by the townsfolk of Barangay Bonbon is held to honor the sunken graves of their forefather.
• Stations of the Cross(Via Cruzes) / Walkway (Old Vulcan): A walkway complete with 14 Stations of The Cross leads to the peak of Mt Vulcan Daan. Thirteen kilometers west of Mambajao, it has 70 to 80 meters drop and is a landmark of the PANAAD Pilgrimage.
• Katibawasan Falls: Five kilometers southeast of Mambajao center is a waterfalls which measures 250 feet high cascades to a rock pool surrounded by ground orchids, wild ferns, trees and boulders. Its cold water provides an ideal summer splash to bathers and picnickers.
• Tuasan Falls: Six kilometers northwest of Catarman, the trek to this 25 meter high rapid waterfalls entails a very scenic hike passing thru the quaint Barrio Mainit. The falls can be tapped as a mini hydro source of power.
• Binangawan Falls: Where several miniature and gigantic waterfalls gushing through majestic granite stones that converge in one main pool, covered with luscious unspoiled vegetation, and a mystical rainbow is arched by the fall’s mist as the sunlight penetrates through it.
• White Island: An uninhabited white sandbar with Mt. Hibok-Hibok and Old Volcan in the backdraft that reflects the grandeur the Province of Camiguin has ever achieved. It is reached within 10 minutes through a banca from anywhere in Yumbing, Mambajao area.
• Ardent Hot Spring: Six kilometers west of Mambajao is a mineral pool with water around 40 degree centigrade. Vapor rises from the heated waters that run down the vents of the dormant Hibok-Hibok volcano. It has therapeutic effects. Picnic huts and tables are available in the beautifully landscaped gardens with a restaurant on site.
• Sto. Niño Cold Spring: Located 4 kilometers north of Catarman is a huge pool of cold spring water with a sandy bottom. The area has native stores, picnic huts and toilets for visitors and guests. Others: Taste the Pastel de Camiguin, a very yummy yema filled bun, visit Macao Cold Spring, Tangub Hot Spring, Mantigue Island, Taguines Lagoon, dive spots of Jicdup and Burias shoals, Ancestral Houses, Old Churches and Centennial Tree.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Tugpahanan sa Camiguin, Mambajao, Camiguin, Philippines
- Mactan-Cebu International Airport, Lapu-Lapu Airport Rd, Lapu-Lapu City, 6016 Cebu, Philippines
- Tagbilaran Airport, 6 Airport Road, Tagbilaran City, 6300 Bohol, Philippines
- Camiguin Seaport
- Cebu Seaport
- Tagbilaran Seaport
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.