Catacombs Exclusive Guided Tour, Ticket and Transfer
Discover one of the most visited and historically rich places in Rome, the Catacombs on the Ancient Appian Way. See the evidence of a prominent and fascinating past which has left a long-lasting legacy.
Discover a subterranean world, where, for centuries, Jews and Christians have looked after their dead
Admire ancient frescoes and crypts covered in inscriptions
See niches with the remains of skeletons, small mausoleums, sarcophagi, tombs, and much more
Admire the burial grounds of famous people like popes, martyrs, and, according to legends, even some apostles.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transfer in an air-conditioned vehicle
- 45 minutes guided Catacombs tour with a maximum of 20 participants
- Entry/Admission - Catacombe di Santa Domitilla
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Guide during the transfer
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Via Appia Antica, Via Appia, Rome Italy
On your way to the Catacombs, admire the glorious Ancient Appian Way, known as "the Queen of the Roads"! Possibly the oldest road still in existence, it was ancient Rome’s most important military and economic artery and it’s largely intact today! It is made of large, flat stones, it survived thousands of years of rain, wheels, and feet passing over them. Originally built for military purposes, it connected Rome to some of its most distant settlements and was a crucial road for the Roman Empire. Julius Caesar walked it along with thousands of other soldiers, leaders, and consuls. When you walk along the Appian Way, you are walking in the footsteps of Roman emperors, saints (maybe even St. Peter!) The famous slave leader Spartacus was crucified on the via Appia in 71 BC. For its history and beauty, the first 10 miles of the Appian Way are now a part of a regional park, Parco dell’Appia Antica, where the road and the monuments that surround it are protected.
Stop At: Catacombe di Santa Domitilla, Via delle Sette Chiese 282, 00147 Rome Italy
Deep in the green Roman countryside, descend into the ancient world of the Catacombs, a complex network of underground tunnels among the longest in the world, occupying an area of about fifteen hectares and consisting of about 37 miles of tunnels on several levels. The specific catacomb visited, San Calisto, San Sebastiano, or Santa Domitilla, will depend on the day.
In any of the catacombs, you will have the opportunity to see ancient frescoes, crypts with inscriptions carved in the walls, niches with the remains of skeletons, small mausoleums, sarcophagi, tombs, and small chapels, which still today, after about 2,000 years, are used to celebrate religious rites. After the tour, back in the sunlight, your driver will take you back to the original starting point in Via Della Polveriera.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Via delle Terme di Tito, 72, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour is not recommended for those who have serious walking problems; there are irregular steps, there will be no possibility to sit during the route, and there is no elevator
- Not recommended for travelers with claustrophobia
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.