Chandragiri Hill Hiking
Drive to Matatirtha or Chandirigiri and Start Hike to Chandragiri Hill Top
After around half hours drive you will reach at hiking point. Once you reach starts to hike through evergreen forest at the bottom of the cable car bottom station or from Mathatirtha. During the hiking you will enjoy view of Kathmandu valley trace. Different kinds of birds and wild animals. While you climb upper part you can see the massif views of himalayas range.
You can see the countryside and farmland around. At the top of the hill you will feel slightly cold in the winter and best time in summer.
per adult from
1 day 8 hours 16 minutes
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - Breakfast , Lunch
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Visa fees etc.
Day trip to Chandragiri hill has been popular for day excursion since the establishment of cable car. The distance form he bottom to the top is 7 kilometres. From the top of the Chandragiri hill, you will see the stunning view of the chain of the mountains Fish Tail 6997 meters from the left to Manaslu 8167m, Ganesh Himal and Langtang range to right. In a clear day, peak of Mt Everest 88848 m can also be identified with the special binocular. You will see the breathtaking view of the entire valley of Kathmandu.
According to the history the hill started in 300 BC when last Shruthakevali Bhadrabahu and Chandragupta Maurya visited the place in order to attain religious peace. The small hill derives its name of Chandra from the fact that Chandragupta was the first of the rishis (the holy man) who lived and performed penance there.
Kalbappu was the early name of the hill and it dominates the history of the town of Shravanabelagola between 3rd century BC and 12th century AD. The Jain traditions link the Maurya Empire Emperor Chandragupta and his teacher Bhadrabahu with this place.
• Chandragiri Hills, Thankot, Kathmandu 44619 Nepal
Departure Point :Thamel, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Departure Time :1/1/2020 - 11/20/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:15 AM - 11:45 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.