Charleston Haunted Jail Night-Time Walking Tour with Admission to Old City Jail
Join us for a behind-the-scenes tour of the Old Charleston City Jail, which housed some of Charleston’s most infamous criminals, 19th-century pirates, and Civil War prisoners. The Old City Jail was in operation from 1802 until 1939, and most of the building’s original structures like the cells and warden’s quarters still remain intact.
per adult from
What's included :
- Charleston Haunted Jail Night-Time Guided Walking Tour
- Admission to Old City Jail in Charleston
- 45min Behind-The-Scenes Guided Tour of Old City Jail
- Experience the jail that housed some of Charleston’s most infamous criminals & 19th-century pirates
- Professional Guide
- Entry/Admission - Old City Jail
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bulldog Tours, 18 Anson St, Charleston, SC 29401-2028
Tours provided by Bulldog Tours
Stop At: Old City Jail, 21 Magazine St, Charleston, SC 29401-1967
The Haunted Jail Tour takes you through the cells, hallways, and into the places where Charleston’s worst criminals lived and died. Brace yourself as you hear stories like the legend of Lavinia and John Fisher, hotel owners from the 1800s who supposedly poisoned their guests. Featured on such shows as Ghost Adventures, the story goes that Lavinia’s ghost still, very audibly, haunts the premises.
This Haunted Jail Tour is quite possibly the scariest place you will ever go! Open often to the public for arts events, the jail even gives locals an eerie chill down the spine as soon as one steps foot into the space. Visitors go as far to say they’ve seen objects move or even disappear, while others hear voices, the slamming of doors, or chains as they’re allegedly dragged against the floor of the jail.
Departure Point :21 Magazine St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- By purchasing this tour, you are stating that you and your party are healthy and have not exhibited any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days. If that changes, you will notify Bulldog Tours immediately.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.