Charleston's Tidal Creeks Eco Boat Cruise with Stop at Morris Island Lighthouse
Enjoy this 2.5-hour small-group boat cruise through the treasured tidal creeks of Charleston, South Carolina. This tour includes up to an hour long stop on the beautiful Morris Island, during which you can set out on foot and explore the pristine beach, collect seashells, hunt for sharks teeth, and enjoy the beautiful views of the historic lighthouse. On your way to and from the island, your naturalist captain will share information about the local ecosystems and history. Your captain will also point out and describe any wildlife seen along the journey, including Atlantic bottlenose dolphins, wading birds, pelicans, sea turtles, and much more!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- 2.5-Hour Tidal Creeks Eco Boat Cruise in Charleston
- 1-Hour Stop on Morris Island
- See wildlife including Atlantic bottlenose dolphins, wading birds, pelicans, sea turtles, and more
- Learn information about the local ecosystems and history from your Naturalist Captain
- Live Narration On Board
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Charleston Outdoor Adventures, 1871 Bowens Island Rd, Charleston, SC 29412-9525
Make your way to Bowens Island for your Morris Island eco-cruise.
On the water, you cruise through inlets, salt marshes, and estuaries near Folly Beach on your way to the island. Keep a lookout for marine life such as dolphins and sea turtles, as well as birds along the route.
After you arrive on Morris Island, spend free time exploring independently at your own pace. See the historic Morris Island Lighthouse, go searching for shells, or just relax and take in views of the surrounding area.
Your Morris Island cruise ends on the Charleston Harbor and returns to the original meeting location for drop-off.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Morris Island Lighthouse, Morris Island, Charleston, SC
Beach combing on an undeveloped island view views of the lighthouse.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1871 Bowens Island Rd, Charleston, SC 29412, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Bring water, sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, camera, and a bag for shell collecting if desired.
- Dress for the weather with clothes and shoes that are suitable for beach walking.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note there is a stop at Morris Island where travelers can visit for about 45min to walk around. This may be an issue for wheelchair accessibility, however travelers have the option to remain onboard during this time if they choose.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.