Chobe National Park 4X4 Day Safari and River Cruise
Observe wildlife in one of the largest and best natural wilderness areas of Botswana Africa. Chobe National Park offers glimpses of birds, crocodiles, hippos, African buffalo, elephants and much more. In this 10.5-hour day, you will take a cruise on the river and enjoy the afternoon in an open 4X4 exploring the park for big game and other animals. Hotel pickup and drop-off, driver-guide, river cruise, lunch and refreshments are included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- National Park fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by 4X4 vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chobe National Park, Chobe National Park, North-West District
You will be picked up from your hotel at 07:30am, and drive to Chobe National Park in Botswana. The drive is about 45 miles (70 kilometres) and will take about 1-hour long while passing through the Zambezi National Park. There is a good chance of spotting some wildlife, even before arriving to Botswana.
You will be at the Botswana border at around 08H30 and after some border formalities you will be driven to the jetty for the three-hour boat cruise on the Chobe River. There you will have an opportunity to see a host of waders and water birds along with the ever present crocodiles and lurking hippos. You will also see scores of large herbivores making their way down to the river to drink - most notably African buffalo and elephant. On the island, Puku and Lechwe are often seen and on the banks kudu, impala and water buck are common. Complimentary soft drinks will be served on the boat, as well as tea and coffee and a light snack prior to your activity.
Lunch will be served at around 12H30 and after then it will be time to take to the wilderness in custom-made open 4X4 safari vehicles on a game drive allowing you to get close to nature in this beautiful setting. Frequent lion sightings occur in Chobe as well as Eland, Sable, and Roan antelope which are common depending on the time of year. Leopards are elusive but also common in the area so it is important to be alert and camera-ready. You will typically drive along the waterfront where wildlife like to congregates to quench their thirst, with Lions often lying in wait or just dozing in the shade. Complimentary soft drinks are provided while experiencing some of the best game viewing in Africa.
After the 3-hour safari drive, you will head back to the border at around 5pm and you will be at your hotel at around 18H00.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick from all hotels, lodges and campsites in Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe), Livingstone (Zambia) and Kasane (Botswana)Airports
- Victoria Falls Airport, Victoria Falls Zimbabwe
- Victoria Falls Boarder
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.