City Tour including the Egyptian Museum - Coptic and Islamic Cairo
Take a Journey among the heart of one of the oldest Capitals around the World Cairo , Witness and Learn about the Egyptian Culture and Civilization from the ancient Egyptian era , then Coptic era, and ending with Islamic era
per adult from
4 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by an air conditioned private vehicle
- Main entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Museum
- Fuel surcharge
- handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Egypt Tailor Made Day Tours
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Extra Entry tickets to the Mummies room in the Egyptian Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Egypt Tailor Made Day Tours, Al Mahhgar Street El Awkaf building, Cairo 11511 Egypt
After Breakfast , around 8.30 am , our Egypt Tailor Made tour guide will escort you to continue your journey through the history starting with the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities which was built in 1902 and it exhibits a large number of items and treasures (exceeding 12,0000 masterpieces) dating back to the ancient Egyptian period and Greco-Roman period including the marvelous collection of the child king Tut Ankh Amon
After that proceeding to a new era "The Coptic Cairo" where you will visit the "Hanging Church" which is dating back to the 3rd Century AD and was dedicated to Virgin Mary ,It's called "Hanging" because of its location above the gatehouse of the ancient Roman fortress "Babylon" .It contains 110 Holy icons depicting beautiful religious scenes.
Then visiting "Saint Sergius and Bacchus Church" which is believed to have been built on the spot where the holy family rested at the end of their journey into Egypt.
And ending Coptic Cairo tour with a visit to the "Jewish Synagogue of Ben Ezra" which gained its importance from its Geniza (Store room) was found during the 19th century containing a treasure of abandoned Hebrew secular and sacred manuscripts
Then ending our tour with going to Khan el Khalili Bazaar which is one of Cairo's main attractions ..the district of Khan el Khalili was originally a mausoleum called "el Zaafran" for the burial of Fatimid Caliphs ,after that it became a district for the Turkish community during the Ottoman period , and now it becomes a bazzar where you will find many souvenirs shops ,coffeehouses "Café" serving Arabic coffee and offering Hookah "Shisha", and restaurants throughout the area.
After finishing the tour you will be picked up to your hotel to stay overnight.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up location will be next to the reception desk of the hotel
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Infant Seats are available upon request
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.