Cliffs of Moher Private Tour from Cork
The Cliffs of Moher is Ireland’s most visited natural attraction with a magical vista that captures the hearts of up to 1 million visitors each year. The Cliffs rise up to 214 (700 feet) at the highest point and range for 8km over the Atlantic Ocean on the Western seaboard of Co. Clare.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- The Cliffs of Moher is the number 1 place to visit in Ireland and leaving from the south of Ireland there are many attractions that can also be enjoyed on route to make the most of your day. We stop in Limerick city the 3rd biggest in Ireland with history dating back to the 700’s when the Vikings arrived and later the British to King John’s castle which is a very popular tourist attraction; this was the start of nearly 800 years of British rule in Ireland.
From Limerick we would head out to the ‘Burren’ in English meaning ‘stony ground’ or ‘rocky place’, pass through ‘Corofin’ and ‘Kilfenora’ and skirting around ‘Lisdoonvarna’ all of these towns have stories attached and are famous for their summer festivals. Now arriving to a place known as the ‘mini cliffs’ which is a warm up before the big event, this is a very beautiful and unusual landscape in the heart of the Burren, it was once a coral reef under a tropical sea off the west coast of Ireland. Back millions of years ago when Ireland was on the equator and 80% of the flowers and fauna of Ireland grow there on the face of the Atlantic looking out at the Aran Islands.
From here we would call into ‘Doolin’ a little village in the west of Ireland voted in the top 10 places to visit in 2014, it’s a great spot for lunch or even a pint and they brew their own beer called ‘Dooliner’! From here we go to the ‘Cliffs of Moher’ but also from Doolin if you wish there is a boat trip available to see the cliffs from below with spectacular views of the wild life including puffins. The cliffs are 7 km long and 700 feet high with spectacular views and walk ways all around the area, from the cliffs we can head off again on our merry journey with maybe a stop in ‘Bunratty Castle’ on the way home. This is a beautiful castle and home to the O’ Brien family for many years and today a big attraction also and with the blarney woollen mills shop on site it’s a treasure trove of souvenirs. Again there’s always a few stories and laughs along the way.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your centrally located Cork accommodationDates: DailyReturn point: We can drop you back to your accommodation anywhere in the Munster region, even if different from where you were picked up.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- This tour is not suitable for cruise ship passengers
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.