Córdoba: Medina Azahara Private Tour
Córdoba was once the premier city of the Western World, the greatest metropolis west of Constantinople, and the seat of Europe’s first university. Today, there’s a modern commercial center, but most travelers love strolling the town’s ancient cobblestone streets, peeking through gates for glimpses of lush flowers and beautiful tiled fountains.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour with a professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle with driver
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Medina Azahara
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Medina Azahara, Ctra. Palma del Rio, km 5.5, 14005 Cordoba Spain
THE IMPORTANT DEPOSIT OF MEDINA AZAHARA IS FOUND AT ABOUT 7 KM FROM THE CITY OF CORDOBA.
Visiting it is considered essential for all those interested in the hispanic-muslim legacy in the city of Cordoba and by extension in Al-Andalus.
It’s the perfect complement for the visit of the Cordoba Mosque. The importance of the city in history, is appreciated from the visit of the two large monuments that have persisted until our days, the Mosque and the city of Medina Azahara.
The history of Medina Azahara starts with Abderraman, III, and his decision to build a city in the outskirts of Cordoba, between the years 936 and 976. City that in conjunction will unite the administrative and residential tasks of the caliphate.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Mosque-Cathedral of Córdoba, Calle Cardenal Herrero, 1, 14003 Córdoba, Spain
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Córdoba, Spain
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Once the tour is confirmed, the local tour operator will send you the appointment time as soon as possible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.