Cultural Cuisine Food Tour of Oakland's Grand Lake Area
Featured in National Geographic’s 2019 Places to Travel as THE “how to go” activity in Oakland and named the 2018 Best Walking Tour in the East Bay by Diablo Magazine, this tour is a culinary tour de force without leaving Oakland! Sample the vast cultural diversity of the Grand Lake area, an urban mecca for global cuisine. Centered around the historic Grand Lake Theater, the area is known for its rich and eclectic influences and population. Our two-hour guided tour will include a walk around beautiful Lake Merritt as well as a trip around the world with samplings of some of the area’s best global dining.
Our Grand Lake Cultural Cuisine Tour is perfect for anyone who thinks they know “Oakland,” and contains hidden gems that may surprise even the most loyal local. Enjoy an opportunity to get off the beaten path while we explore the relaxed global vibe and culinary treats of the Grand Lake area.
per adult from
What's included :
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Private tour (available upon request)
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Oakland Public Library, 5205 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA 94609-1917
Learn more about how the City of Oakland is dedicated to celebrating the city's past and preserving its vibrant culture.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Lake Merritt, Lakeside Park, Oakland, CA 94612
Take in the natural beauty of Oakland's hidden gem and learn more about how it came to be a centerpiece of the city's culture and recreation opportunities.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Grand Lake Theater, 3200 Grand Ave, Oakland, CA 94610-2739
Enjoy basking in the glow of the world famous marquee of Oakland's oldest movie house and find out what national record the theater still holds today.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Oakland Grand Lake Farmer's Market, Lake Park Avenue, Oakland, CA 94610
Walk through the public park that plays host to one of the Bay Area's most popular and best regarded farmers markets.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Oakland Public Library: Lakeview Branch, 550 El Embarcadero, Oakland, CA 94610, USA
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Aisle 5, 3320 Grand Ave, Oakland, CA 94610, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately; tours may be cancelled 24 hours in advance for heavy rain/weather
- Please provide local phone number and email address in order to confirm tour
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Organised by Local Food Adventures