Cycle Around Kyoto Hidden Gems & Gion NightWalk
This is the best way to enjoy Kyoto hi-light with a bike view, avoiding the crowd.
It's very family-friendly and highly recommended for first visiter and a short stayer in Kyoto.
Kyoto is a very flat city and not big.
We'll take you to many beautiful spots, temples, shrines, riverside road, university, hidden local gems, etc in Kyoto northeast cultural area through an uncrowded scenic route.
The bike is very well maintained and comfortable.
After the bike, you can enjoy a night walk in Gion scenic cultural area too.
Our Guides are all Japanese local who live or lived in Kyoto and love Kyoto so much.
After this tour, probable you'll feel Kyoto more familiar and fall in love.
Mar & Apr are Nice flower season (Cherry blossom also!). May & Jun are lovely fresh green season. Summertime (Jul & Aug) is nice to hang around the river side with a bike. Oct & Nov are the amazing seasons with foliage.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
- Snacks - Japanese sweet snacks at traditional snack shop.
- Coffee and/or Tea - Japanese tea at the traditional snack shop.
- Any entrance fee of temple or shrine, which you go as alternative plan in raining day.
- Entry/Admission - Kamogawa River
What's excluded :
- Extra fee for electric bike (1,000yen), if you request. You can pay it on the spot.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kamogawa River, Kyoto Kyoto Prefecture
1: Bike Part
Lovely 3-5 speed gear bike take you to hi-light of less touristic deep spots Kyoto, very efficiently, feeling the wind and the air of Kyoto like a living people.
Begin with peaceful Riverside cycling road, feeling nature and open sky. Dropping hidden shrine and try pure natural spring water. We’ll go through the huge Imperial Palace and famous Zen-temple. Through some university campuses and peaceful residential areas, We’ll go to Shimo-gamo Shrine(UNESCO World Heritage) and enjoy its primitive forest and beautiful buildings.
Next, We’ll go down to unique river junction point, then go along the lighted up scenic and refreshing riverside to back.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Gion, Kyoto 605-0074 Kyoto Prefecture
2: Gion Walk Part
After Bike returns, we’ll start strolling the beautiful entertainment area of Gion. Visiting 2 main "Flower Town"(Place of Geisha) and see the amazingly photogenic street. We'll explain the unique culture and system of Gion and Maiko (My research theme in the university was this). If you are lucky, you may see beautiful Geisha. This relaxing night walk wraps up the day.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Pontocho District, Nakagyo-Ku BetweenKamogawa and Kiyamachi-dori, Kyoto Kyoto Prefecture
3 Dinner recommendation
In the walking part, We will introduce many good restaurants and bars according to your requests in the authentic foodie area.
Stop At: Sanjo Bridge, Nakagyo-ku - Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto Kyoto Prefecture
We provide Japanese sweet snacks and Japanese tea at the traditional snack shop.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Japan, Kyoto, Higashiyama Ward, Sanjo Station, 三条大橋東詰
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Guests are required to be able to ride a bike.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Japan Exploration Tours JIN-仁