Danube Gorge Day Trip from Timisoara
If you are for a few days in Timisoara or Arad and you want to see more of the diverse and surprising Romania, take this tour. If you like wild nature, you are active and you're open for adventure... then take this tour!
At 2:30-3 hours drive from Timisoara you'll meet a completely different world. You will be taken from your hotel in a comfortable car, a professional guide will take care of everything. You just need to relax and enjoy the ride!
The old Danube will impress you with its wildness, the impressive history, and the stunning landscapes of the trail carved through the mountains.
Here are our 2 options for this tour:
All year: Bigar waterfall, Danube Gorge by car, Hike in the gorge on Ciucaru Mare Peak, visit Decebal Statue. This option doesn't include a boat ride
May-October: Danube Gorge, Hike in the gorge on Ciucaru Mare Peak, visit Decebal Statue, Ponicova cave, Boat ride in the Gorge, included
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Boat ride on selected Summer tour (May-October)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Bigar Cascade Falls
- Entry/Admission - Pestera Ponicova
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Boat ride is excluded on All year option
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ciucarul Mare, Romania
All year: Hiking above Danube Gorge, on Ciucaru Mare Peak which reveals an amazing view over the big river surrounded by big and impressive rock walls
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bigar Cascade Falls, DN57B, Poneasca 335100 Romania
October-May: On our way to the Danube we'll stop to admire the beautiful Bigar waterfall, first place of the 8 most unique waterfalls, according to The World Geograph.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Statue of King Decebalus, DN57 The Danube's Rocky Bank, Dubova Romania
All year: Stop at the tallest and impressive rock sculpture, Decebal's face.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Pestera Ponicova, Dubova Romania
May-October: Visit the beautiful and wild Ponicova cave, which is a great and surprising experience. This will be the highlight of the trip for the brave ones!
Subject to change, depending on the weather conditions and the physical condition of the participants.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Danube River, Danube
Enjoy the most beautiful part of the Danube, the Danube Gorge. Here you'll see the narrowest part of it, The Cauldrons.
Beautiful both from the road (October-May) and from the boat (May October)
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code: Hiking clothes, hiking shoes, rain gear.
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour involves long drives, 3 hours/one way.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.