Day tour to Ancient Olympia,Kaiadas,Temple of Apollo,Ancient Sparta and Mycenae
**Our trip starts from Athens**
Join me visit the most majestic archaelogical sites of Greece from Athens
You will see all this monuments in A day when other operators need at least 2-3 days
Value for Money full day tour in Peloponnese
Our tour Starts early in The morning and we will return late in the night.!!
In this amazing full day tour you will see the most beautiful sights and scenery. On our way I will give you a lot of information about history, mythology and culture.
We will have the opportunity to visit some of the most majestic archaelogical sites of Greece, such as Ancient Olympia, cave of Kaiadas, Temple of Epicurian Apollo, Ancient Sparta and Mycenae.
I can adjust the schedule, duration and activities to meet your needs. You are welcome to inform us on any special requests you have.
Do not waste your time in multi day tours - bus tours Book your private tour Now..!!
Private - Luxury- Fast- Value for Money ONE DAY tour in Peloponnese.!!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Dinner - Back in Athens a meal at a local restaurant.The meal,includes variety of meats and fish dishes based on customer's wish. 4 plates for each one of our customers and a drink of their choice.
- Bottled water
- **Local** Guiding Services
- Mercedes E 200 class(sedan), that is 4 years old with a full insurance or Scoda Octavia SUV
- In the End of our Tour a Great Souvenir Gift is included.!!
- Liability insurance per person
- *** 2 Mercedes E200 Sedan for 5-7 passengers (4 passengers in each vehicle)***
What's excluded :
- Tickets for the monuments
- We do not have a license to give tours inside of monuments and historical places
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Olympia, Olympia, Elis Region, West Greece
Visitors will have the opportunity to see up close the site of the Ancient "Sacred Forrest" which was the name of Ancient Olympia.
Built on the North riverbank of Alfeios, it consists one of the greatests World Heritage sites (UNESCO), as well as an icredible natural landscape that evolved to the biggest religious sanctuary of the Ancient World.
Like Time Travellers, we are magically transported to the site where the Olympic Games were held, the most important national event of Greeks, which according to tradition and myths began long before 776 B.C. (the official starting date/point) from Pelopa who won in a race track the King of Pissa, Enomao. Older indications of human presence in Ancient Olympia, were discovered the 4rth millenium B.C. to reach its peak period the 5fth century B.C. during which, politics, philosophers and artists were gathered to spread their ideas.
We will visit the Zeus Temple where the 12 meter high, Golden and Ivory Statue of Zeus was exposed (one of the 7 Wonders of the World) we will see the Philippeio: the unique circular construction, a gift to Zeus from the Great Alexander's father (the King Philippos the Second) a temple which was completed by Great Alexander himself. We'll also visit the Ancient Olympic Stadium,the Palaestras (the Athelic Field where wrestlers fight) Hera's Temple, Ancient Olympia's Museum, the recunstructions of the Romans who allowed the conduct of the Games without interruption until they ceased in 393 AC. by the edict of Theodosius I, Emperor of Byzantium.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cave Kaiadas, Spartis Kalamatas, Sparti 231 00, Greece
It was a pit or underground cavern at Sparta, into which state-prisoners or their corpses were thrown. We are going to see its majestic landscape and do a peregrination.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Apollo Epikourios, Bassae, Skliros 270 61 Greece
At an altitude of 1130 meters between Ilia, Arcadia and Messinia, it resists one of the most important and best preserved monuments of ancient Greece.
The only one that combines all three architectural rhythms (Doric, Ionic, Corinthian) made by the Parthenon architect, Ictino, after suggestion by the priests of the Delphi oracle.
The UNESCO World Heritage Site was dedicated by the Figals to Epicurean Apollo, that is to the assistant and supporter of war and disease.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Sparta, Sparta 231 00, Greece
We visit the ancient city of Sparta, where we will see its Acropolis, its ancient Theater and some Roman-era houses.
Ancient Sparta was built on the banks of the Eurotas River in Laconia, southeast of the Peloponnese, and became known as a political-military force in Greece at the beginning of the Archaic period (800 BC to 479 BC) to reach its decline after its victory in the Peloponnesian War over Athens and its allies, where it imposed until 371 BC. her hegemony. That was the year when Sparta was defeated by the Thebans.
In 362 BC it completely lost its power, along with the rise of the Kingdom of Macedonia, to be conquered later on by the Romans.
An important creation that the visitor will have the opportunity to admire closely, is the statue of Leonidas in which his entire outfit is depicted in the battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC. during the second invasion of the Persians in Greece, after their defeat 10 years ago, in Marathon.
We will also see the tomb of Leonidas (whose corpse, after 50 years, was transported and buried in Sparta in 430 BC), the statue of Lycurgus (the legislator of ancient Sparta who established the system of military education of the Spartans' society, according to Apollo's Oracle in Delphi)
we will see the Museum of the Olive Tree and the Kaiada, where - contrary to the prevailing myth - official investigations, starting from 1983 to the present, have shown from the bone findings that there were no Spartan children with birth defects that were executed, but adult males and females instead (traitors, sentenced to death, criminals and prisoners of war).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mycenae, Mycenae, Argolis Region, Peloponnese
Perseus establishes the most important and richest palace center of the Late Bronze Age in Greece, Mycenae: The Kingdom of Mythical Agamemnon.
The Gate and the Tomb of the Lions, the tomb of Agamemnon ("Treasure of Atrea" in excellent condition and most impressive of the 9 Mycenaean tombs) the Cyclopean Walls of the Mycenaean Acropolis, are some of the monuments that enchant the traveler.
The prime of Mycenae began in 1.600 BC. and lasted until 1.110 BC.
The descendants of Perseus ruled for three generations.
The rebuilding and fortification of the city began in 1350 BC.
When Pausanias visited Ancient Sparta in the 2nd century A.C., it was already ruined.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
*** 2 Mercedes E200 Sedan for 5-7 passengers (4 passengers in each vehicle)***a) We can pick up customers from where ever they want inside in the region of Athens,aibnb,hotels,metro stations,bus stations,apartments.We just need after the booking a short communication to agree the pickup point.b) The pick up point can be Also from the Cruise Terminal or the Ath Int Airport.Please provide to us as soon as possible details like Name of the ship / airline , arrival time and number of flight.Please also provide us any other details you need about your pick up.c) If there is a Strike in The city Center or a special event that effects the tour,the tour may change start time or ITINERARY under the instructions of the operator and the agreement of the customerd) Please provide as much as possible contact details to the operator even after the bookinge) Please mention to the operator if there are Health restrictionsf) If the booking will start from Ath Int Airport the time of the tour start to count from the pickup of the customer,so do not stress your self in cases of Delay of flightsg) If the tour is combined with a transfer the Maximum Luggage ( american size 32kl) can be no more than 3 and the start time of the tour starts at the time of the first pickup eg :( There is a customer that buys a tour starting from Cruise terminal but first he/she wants to be transferred to his Hotel to do the check in and then to start the tour. ) if the customer wants extra services than the ones that paid for,the operator will charge him extra and the payment will be done to the driver in cash or credit card.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus harbour
- Rafina harbour
- Pireaus Cruise Ship Terminal "B", Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Cruise Ship Terminal C, Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Cruise Terminal A Gate 11, Akti Miaouli, Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Cruise Passenger Terminal B (Themistocles), Pireas 185 38, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- *** 2 Mercedes E200 Sedan for 5-7 passengers (4 passengers in each vehicle)***
- We can pick our customers up from wherever they want inside the region of Athens.
- If the pick up is from the Airport or from the cruise dock please provide all the details to the operator after from the pickup.
- If there is a Strike in The city Center or a special event that effects the tour,the tour may change start time or ITINERARY under the instructions of the operator and the agreement of the customer
- Please provide as much as possible contact details to the operator even after the booking
- If the booking will start from Ath Int Airport the time of the tour start to count fro the pickup of the customer,so do not stress your self in cases of Delay of flights
- If the tour is combined with a transfer the Maximum Luggage ( american size 32kl) can be no more than 3 and the start time of the tour starts at the time of the first pickup eg :( There is a customer that buys a tour starting from Cruise terminal but first he/she wants to be transferred to his Hotel to do the check in and then to start the tour. ) if the customer wants extra services than the ones that paid for,the operator will charge him extra and the payment will be done to the driver in cash or credit card.
- Most travelers can participate
- If you have any personal Health restrictions please provide them to the operator after from the booking.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The Operator observes all the necessary actions,for the safety of the customers,using masks and hand antiseptic.Please advice the Head office or the driver about how you would like our team to serve our services,or if its anything else you would like to share with the operator before the tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.