Day trip from Coimbra by Train & Bicycle
A wonderful day trip from Coimbra to the nature of central Portugal.
- 45 min. by train from Coimbra
- 47 km cycling on a gently sloped constant descent
- One-way, with our transfer service
The landscape is very beautiful, with views of mountains and valleys covered with oaks, cork oaks and chestnut trees, but also some vineyards, cultivated land and small villages. In the distance the mountains of the Serra do Caramulo (in the north) and the Serra da Estrela (in the south) are always present.
The second part of this path runs along the banks of the river Pavia and Dão. Every bend in the river is followed by a bend in the Ecopista, with stannic views.
per adult from
What's included :
- High quality standard bicycle, helmet, spare inner tube, tyre levers, a pump and a multi tool.
- Transfer from the station of Santa Comba Dão to the beginning of the Ecopista in Viseu.
- Transfer at the end of the bicycle trip to the station of Santa Comba Dão.
What's excluded :
- Train tickets, meals and drinks
09.33h: The train leaves from Coimbra-B to Santa Comba Dão (Be aware, there are 2 train stations in Coimbra: Coimbra and Coimbra-B).
10.13h: Arrival at the station of Santa Comba Dão and beginning of the transfer to Viseu by car or taxi-van.
11.00h: Arrival at the beginning of the Ecopista do Dão in Viseu where you can try out our bicycles and start cycling the Ecopista on a gently sloped constant descent, making it very easy to bike.
At Km 7,5: You can have a coffee break at the Cais Bar, located directly at the Ecopista.
At Km 16,5 You can have lunch at "Restaurant Station Alive" in Farminhão, also located directly at the Ecopista (open every day).
Just before Km 40 is a nice river beach, 50 meters from the track, near Nagozela. Not an official river beach - only local people know about it.
Just before Km 47 you arrive at Abelenda Bike Rental, where you deliver your bicycles. You can have a hot shower here if you like and change your clothes before we bring you back to the station of Santa Comba Dão (10 minutes drive).
18.23h: Return by train to Coimbra after a wonderful day trip in the nature of central Portugal.
19.00h: Arrival at the station of Coimbra-B.
• Tondela, Tondela, Viseu District, Northern Portugal
Departure Point :R. Estação 23, 3440-613 Vimieiro, Portugal
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.