Day Trip to the Hidden Valley of Thor Thorsmork from Reykjavik
The nature lover´s paradise including Super Jeep action. Thorsmork or Þórsmörk lies in between mountains and glaciers carved out by weather and natural disasters through centuries. It is truly a paradise worth visiting. The Super Jeep helps getting you there safe and sound on its big tires.
The Super Jeeps are specially modified here in Iceland to get you to remote areas regular cars can´t go. Nowhere else in the world you have the opportunity to get in one of those Jeeps and traverse through rough terrain and splashing in glacial rivers. Don´t let it slip you by!!!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Seljalandsfoss
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Seljalandsfoss, Hella Iceland
The beautiful, 60 meters tall Seljalandsfoss is one of the most popular waterfalls in Iceland and it’s one of Iceland’s most photographed natural wonders.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Volcano Eyjafjallajokull, Selfoss Iceland
Next, we will continue our way in the direction of Thorsmork and head all the way up to Gígjökull, one of the outlet glaciers of the Eyjafjallajökull volcano. You can walk entirely to the icefall edge, touch and walk on the glacier. The many craters of this eruption was near to Gígjökull. This caused floodwater to surge from under the glacier’s tongue, flooding the Markarfljót river that flows from it.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Stakkholtsgja canyon, Iceland
Stakkholtsgja is an up to 100 meters deep and 2 kilometers long canyon in South Iceland.
The canyon is located near the entrance to Thorsmork. It has a narrow riverbed and ends in a beautiful waterfall.
Stakkholtsgjá Canyon inside Þórsmörk was the filming location used for the famous Wight ambush scene of Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Þórsmörk, Suðurland, via road, Þórsmerkurvegur, Hvolsvöllur, Iceland
After our walk in Stakkholtsgjá canyon, we will follow our way to deep into Thorsmork, the scenic valley of Thor. This will be the best playground for your super jeep: crossing rivers and handling the rough terrain will be a great adventure. Thorsmork is a natural reserve in a remote area of the southern Icelandic Highlands, nestled between the Myrdalsjokull, Eyjafjallajokull and Tindfjallajokull glaciers, and one of the most favorite location for Icelanders and many travelers.
The valley is a green oasis between the rivers Krossá, Þröngá and Markarfljót with wide vegetation of moss, birchwood, and other small shrubs. This lush green area contrasts dramatically against the black sand desert of the Markarfljót riverbed and the imposing glaciers around it. Locals swear that Thorsmork is one of the most beautiful destinations in Iceland. This is the reason that many Icelanders come here to hike, ride or just relax among the birch trees with their family.
Once we are deep into the Thorsmork valley, you have the opportunity to enjoy the amazing landscape, have lunch and take nice short hikes around the area, and really drink in the beautiful unspoiled nature of Iceland.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Nauthusagil Waterfall, Hvolsvollur Iceland
Nauthúsagil ravine is a true hidden gem of Iceland’s South Coast. Nauthúsagil’s famed characteristics are the rowan trees growing on the ridges, sometimes horizontally, creating a roof of leaves. We will walk through the narrow ravine and explore its unique, beautiful world. At the end of the ravine, there is an enchanting waterfall waiting for us.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup available from all hotels and guesthouses in the greater Reykjavik area. please contact us when you have booked your hotel for smooth pick up in the morning
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code: hiking shoes recommended, warm clothing in general
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.