Debre Libanos Monastery and The Portuguese bridge
It is about leaving the crowd of the city and drive to see the countryside, farmers on field, the cattle grazing, the amazing scenery of the place with refreshing & clean weather, the catchy endemic Gelada Baboon, enjoying the birds of prey soaring, the 13th century monastery of Debre Libanos which has rich historical heritages.
We can assure you that it will definitely be value for money.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance Fees
- Professional English speaking private Tour Guide
- A liter bottled water per person
- Local guide
- Service charge & tax
- Entry/Admission - Portuguese Bridge
- Entry/Admission - Debre Libanos Monastery Museum
What's excluded :
- Photography & Video Fee
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Portuguese Bridge, Near the Blue Nile Water Fall, Debre Libanos Ethiopia
According to some, it was built in the 16th century by Portuguese; others say that it was built by Ras Darge (who was Menelik’s uncle) in the 19th century. After crossing the bridge, go to your right by the side of the river until you reach on a large rock suitable to view the 600m waterfall. Even though the best time to see this is in the Ethiopian rainy season (July-September), the view still around this area is magnificent and you find the endemic Gelada baboon or the Lion monkey.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Debre Libanos Monastery Museum, Debre Libanos, Ethiopia
Debre Libanos is a monastery in Ethiopia, lying northwest of Addis Ababa in the Semien Shewa Zone of the Oromia Region.
Founded in the 13th century by Saint Tekle Haymanot, according to tradition, he meditated in a cave for 29 years. You will visit a stained glass painting, the museum which has the heritages of the monastery and the cave in which the saint was praying for 29 years.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Yod Abyssinia Traditional Restaurant, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Evening you will attend to enjoy eating Ethiopian food and an impressive varied dancing of different ethnic groups.The will be the very entertaining time to have a very good memory of our country Ethiopia.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up clients from their hotel or from the location where they like to be picked up.Airports
- Bole Airport, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/3/2021 - 2/1/2021
1/3/2022 - 2/1/2022
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 04:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 10 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.