Delphi/Thermopylae Private Day Tour from Athens/Pireaus
Our 25 years experience and the combination of stunning natural scenery and the legacy of a fascinating and diverse cultural heritage of Delph-Thermopylae makes this day trip from Athens an irresistible option. You will discover the fascinating historical, cultural and geographic landscape of the regions.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
What's included :
- WiFi on board
- Fuel and tolls
- English Speaking Driver(not allow to escort you into the sites/museums)
- Mercedes Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Mineral Cold Water
- We can accommodate 8people also(Bookable by contacting us on the phone number provided by Viator)
What's excluded :
- Lunch and admission fees
- Licensed Tour Guide (Bookable upon request by contacting us on the phone number provided by Viator)
- Entry/Admission - Delphi Archaeological Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Delphi Archaeological Museum, Ethniki Odos Amfissas - Livadias, Delphi 330 54 Greece
Delphi is a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
Welcome to the grandeur of Delphi, where nature and ancient ruins blend in an extraordinary way, enhancing the beauty of one another against a setting of mountains, terraces and trees. Located on the slopes of Mount Parnassos, hundreds of feet above the sea, it is easy to see why Delphi was once believed to be the center of the earth.
Before you reach the archaeological site of Delphi and its Museum, a short stop at the traditional picturesque village of Arachova is a must!
Take your chance to lay back and listen to your driver as he ,on the way to your destination, he tells you the fascinating history of the Sanctuary of Apollo, the paved Sacred Way, and the Doric temple of Apollo. Admire the Theatre and the Stadium, used for the main events of the Pythian Festival, located on terraces above the Temple. To the right of the entrance to the Sanctuary is the Kastalian Fountain, where Pythia washed before speaking her prophecies. Across and below the road from the Spring you will find the Marmaria or Sanctuary of Athena Pronaia, with the conspicuous building of Tholos.
Before our departure to Athens a lunch can be a good option to complete this unique authentic experience to the countryside of Greece.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Battlefield of Thermopylae, Thermopylae Greece
Thermopylae is a place in Greece where a narrow coastal passage existed in antiquity. It derives its name from its hot sulphur springs.The Hot Gates is "the place of hot springs"
Thermopylae is world-famous for the battle that took place there between the Greek forces (notably the Spartans) and the invading Persian forces, commemorated by Simonides in the famous epitaph, "Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, That here obedient to their laws we lie." Thermopylae is the only land route large enough to bear any significant traffic between Lokris and Thessaly. This passage from north to south along the east coast of the Balkan peninsula requires use of the pass and for this reason Thermopylae has been the site of several battles.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Accommodation Piraeus area, Port and Cruise Terminal (Included). Meeting point: The driver will meet you at the port holding a sign with your name onAccommodation in Athens and Athens SuburbsPickup/drop off from/to Accommodation located outside AthensPickup/drop off from/to Athens Airport Meeting point: The driver will meet you inside the airport holding a sign with your name onAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Pireaus port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Passengers and the driver are obliged to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.