Discovering Todi and Gubbio from Rome.
A few years ago, Umbria was known, if at all, as Tuscany's less alluring sister. Not any more: these days Italy's "green heart" is every bit as celebrated as its more famous neighbour. The reasons are simple: the region has all Tuscany's attributes – and a few more.
True, it doesn't have the big set pieces of Florence and Siena, but it does has a coronet of far more intimate and easily visited hill-towns – Gubbio, Todi,. Each has enough to keep you busy for a day or more, and none is more than a few miles from the next, making Umbria manageable and straightforward to explore.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- DRIVER GUIDE
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gubbio, Gubbio, Province of Perugia, Umbria
Todi achieved its top during the Medieval period, when it was enriched with splendid municipal palaces and enchanting and religious buildings. You can admire the Santa Maria della Consolazione Church, the Piazza del Popolo and the ancient arches with which the houses support each other, but also the walls that are built around or incorporate what is left of the theatre of amphitheatre, such as announced by the street names (such as Via dell'Anfiteatro Romano). Gubbio is the most thoroughly medieval of the Umbrian towns. Centre-stage is the immense and austere fourteenth-century Palazzo dei Consoli , whose crenellated outline and 98-metre campanile immediately grab your attention; the setting is equally gorgeous with the forest-clad mountains of the Apennines rearing up behind. The lesser Palazzo Pretorio opposite was built to the same plan. In the Museo Civico you'll see the famous Eugubine Tablets, Umbria's most important archeological find. It's also worth a visit the Duomo, the Palazzo Ducale and the Basilica of Sant'Ubaldo.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
VERY IMPORTANT NAME HOTEL AND ADDRESSVERY IMPORTANT NUMBER FLY AND TIMEVERY IMPORTANT NAME OF THE CHIPAirports
- Fiumicino Airport, Via dell' Aeroporto di Fiumicino, 320, 54, Fiumicino Italy
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.